Chapter 9: Corruption Cataclysm

~Ds POV~

The team and I waited outside near the helicopter ready to set off when the ground started to shake. Out in the distance, I see an extremely large pyramid come out of the Metro and glow. Just like the corruption, it was hot pink, fading into light pink and then white. I type as fast as I can, making a noise as i do so. I tap on 4s shoulder and show him the message, which then attracts 3, 8 and everyone else. We are in a lot of trouble. "I think we can tell D." 8 responds with. "We don't have much time guys, get on the helicopter, now!" 2 calls out to us as she races to the helicopter and starts it up. But before everyone can board and we can set off, a pink beam enters the sky, turning it red and dark red towards the beam's location. Then trouble hit. Pink pyramids, just like the one that was shooting the beam, came down from the sky, turning any part of the ground or people it hit corrupted. 

"Why is it always us? Why not someone else?" 8 asks. Simple, you and your friends seem to have a strange aura, something that seems to attract bad things, like the stuff that has happened since you got to the surface. Don't worry, I feel a disturbance in this aura, meaning soon this chain of bad events will end. But, before you get there, you have much more to get through. "So you're telling us we have anywhere between a week and years for this chain to break? Great! Not like I wanted to have a normal life again." 4 says. "Uhh, guys. I think we have a change in plans!" 3 interrupts us, pointing out the pyramids are falling faster, and more are coming by the second. My job is to eradicate worlds of the corruption that could consume it all. I need you to help me do so, Squidbeak Splatoon. Everyone agrees, and 5 gets into the drivers seat, prepared to fly around and dodge every pyramid that comes our way.

~3s POV~

"Lukas, 6, any trace of where 7 is throughout this all?" I ask them, moving near them and being careful not to fall off of the helicopter. "Not yet 3... What the..." Lukas' laptop screen glitches and brings up a message from 7 herself.

"If it isn't the all great and powerful Agent 3. Leader of all the mission groups when deployed on a mission. I have a deal for you. Hand over yourself and I'll let your team go. What happens if you don't? I'll kill Tobias right in front of you, and then you'll sit and struggle as you watch the world become my empire. I want you, no one else. You are the most powerful agent, and there is no disagreeing on that. Now, fly over to the island North west of the NILS Statue, and hand yourself in, no funny business." I don't get time to speak to 7 to make a negotiation as she ends the message, expecting me to hand myself in. "What are you gonna do 3?" 6 asks me. "I'm gonna do what I do best, trick the enemy. Alright, listen up everyone! 7 wants me to hand myself into her and her team. If I don't, well, it's a fate worse than death for me. So I have a plan. I'll hand myself in, alone. You guys will watch as I'm taken away, and as soon as I make the signal, you drop down, in a circle and point all weapons toward her. Ill then break free, take down T, P or both of them, and point my weapon toward her as well. If it fails, you guys get out of here and ill fight her until i either die, turned evil, surrender, or bring you guys in. This is tricky and probably has a low chance of success, but I'm willing to take any chance to save our friends/family." Everyone cheers for my plan and then 8 approaches me. 

"8--Tobias, if I di--" before I can finish, I'm cut off by his lips on mine. He breaks apart from me and tells me to be quiet before speaking. "You aren't going to die Cora. If you did, I would never forgive myself for not saving or protecting you. If you go down, we go down together." "I love you Prince" "I love you too princess, and I won't ever stop loving you." We kiss once more and rest our heads against each others. Then we realise everyone was looking at us and smiling as they thought we were a really cute couple. This cute moment is broken though as D had some information for us. 

The only way for me to eradicate the corruption is for 2 or all of your friends, who are evil, to be knocked out and in an unconscious state. Afterward, ill return to my home, where the corruption will be contained for another few weeks, or years, before it escapes again. "Well, lets hope 3s plan works as we are a minute away, and I see them. If 3s plan works and we surround them, great work we'll have it easy probably, if not, well, just attack and see where the battle takes us. Me and 1 will support by singing the Calamari Inkantation on the sidelines, 5 and 6 will sing Into the Light after we've finished singing. We'll continue going back and forth until the battle finishes. 9 will supply extra armour and specials. It will be 3, 8, 4, and Lukas vs 7, T and P. D will stay away until he needs to do what ever he has to do. Lets do this agents!" 2 says before I jump off and initiate the plan.