Chapter 10: Battle For The World

~3s POV~

"Ah, Agent 3, I see you accepted my offer." 7 steps up to me and takes out a pair of handcuffs. "As long as you let them free like you promised." I reply, not fighting 7 who was handcuffing my hands behind my back. I'm then passed along to P, who starts to take me to a boat and i assume will take me to the metro with them, but before I can sit down, P holds me by the throat and holds a gun to my head. I realise that 8 had gotten down and came towards me. "Please let me say goodbye to her 7." She hesitantly lets him, and I'm let go on her command. "Don't worry, the plan is ready. Ill make sure to save you. Love you, see you during the fight." I blush, and sit on the boat, watching as the plan unfolds. I slowly and as silently as I can, pick the lock to my handcuffs, which I had learnt from 2 on our 3 day break. 

"Now, give up 7, you're surrounded." The agents hop down and surround her, guns towards her. She isn't surprised at all, and only laughs, confusing us all. "You think i didn't know about your little scheme, hmm? Well I knew from the beginning this was going to happen. T, P, you know what to do." I escape the handcuffs in time and punch the 2 commanders who were near me, yet it did nothing and I was forced to the ground with a bit of ease. I wiggle and try to get up and get back to the team, but at this point, i was kneeling, held by the arms by P and T was holding a bucket of water. I start to cry as  I knew my death was upon me. "I'm so sorry, my love." I then blacked out, for good this time. There was no coming back.

 I was dead...

~8s POV~

"NOOO!!! CORA!!!" I race over to her and sit over her lifeless body. I start to cry, more than ever before. I pick her up and hope she wakes up, but I knew that she was gone forever. I hug her and kiss her for the final time before standing up, wiping my tears away, ready to fight for the girl I loved. "You will pay for this 7..." And the battle begins. 1, 2, 5 and 6 all get ready to sing whilst me, 4, and Lukas started to fight T and P first. Luckily, a pyramid was aiming for P at the time, so I shot her towards it and she is hit.

T was a bit harder to defeat, we had to work together to corner him and knock him out. Thankfully, Lukas' Splattershot and 4s Dapple Dualies helped out a lot. I managed to knock his shield off with my sprinkler, and the unison of shots from the others took him out. Now it's the hard part.

Dealing with 7...

"So, you still dare to fight me? Lets see if your training payed off." She pulls out her sploosh-o-matic 7 and uses the ultra stamp, forcing us to move all over the place to avoid being attacked. Next, she throws bombs in all directions and focuses on taking Lukas out. Thankfully, Lukas used splashdown to get out of the sticky situation. It was a continuous cycle of this until she had knocked Lukas back, making him loose his weapon in the water. "Are you sure we are gonna be able to take her out 8?" 4 shouts over to me, dodge rolling and shooting 7. "Yeah! We've got to do this for Cora!" I shout back. Without any reaction time, I feel a bullet hit me, sending me back and tripping over a conscious Tobi. "T-T is that you?" I get up, weary about my injuries. "Yeah, it's me bro." I help him up and support his body weight with my own. "W-water... You need to splash 7 with... Water..." I pick up the bucket and fill it to the brim with water, careful not to get it on me. "Hey 7! Take this on for size!" I chuck the water over her, and we all listen to hear scream in agony. Her clothes start to disintegrate, showing another layer underneath. 

She wasn't dying...

"Ha ha, you fools! My armour protects me from water! You've only just made me prone to your attacks, nothing has been hurting me since i got my armour." 7 throws ink bombs out everywhere as she says that, and we think on our feet quickly. 4 is soon knocked back by one of 7s bombs, leaving only me and a very weak Tobi. "I think it's time.. Say hello to my little friend..." She pulls out a booyah bomb, and it grows with the power of the pyramid. In a minute, it was large enough to kill off an entire continent, killing us all and loosing the battle. That's when I had the idea to put a stop to this whole thing. "Everyone, I need you to throw your bombs at me, now!" I shout out. "What are you, insane?" 6 shouts back at me. "No... I'm just prepared to sacrifice this world in this way..." I reply. "Just do as he says!" 4 shouts out. And as he says that, bombs from all the alive agents come flying at me. "This is for you Cora..." I activate my baller special and throw my own bomb. "You are about to have a bad time..." 7 says as she is about to throw the booyah bomb. "No, I think YOU'RE about to have a bad time..." I blow my baller up just as the bombs blow up, and it creates a massive explosion. This was enough to knock 7 out, disable the booyah bomb, and allow Diamond to cleanse the world of corruption. Funnily enough, pyramids stopped raining out of the sky when the booyah bomb was disabled, meaning we had done some of Diamond's job for him.

The red skies die down and we all rejoice, knowing Inkopolis is safe once again, yet I still wanted to cry again.

Cora was still gone...

I watch 6 and Lukas jump into each others arms and kiss, I watch 4 wait beside 7, and I stand there alone, wanting a hug from the person I loved most.

I shed a tear and 5 comes to comfort me. "It's fine 8, you aren't the only one who lost someone. I went to check on Petra, she isn't moving, I'm pretty sure she's gone too. At least we saved the world in her honour."

D finishes off the last of the cleansing, releasing a blue beam into the sky, taking in any corruption left. I watch as he does so, trying to forget my problems. But strangely, he holds a ball of light in his hands, and walks over to Cora. I hear him speak some words, ones I've never heard before, and the light surrounds her, exiting his hand which was hovered above her body. I kneel next to D, and everyone gathers around us. That should do it... I think you'll be happy now... He projects. I'm confused at first, but then I see why he said it.

Cora opens her eyes, adjusting to the intensity of the light. I help her sit up and she holds her head, speaking quietly. "W-what happened?" She asks. "3? 3!!!" I hold her in my arms as she looks into my eyes and we both start to cry. "I-I thought I had lost you. Y-you were dead..." "Well, I am the strongest agent, I wouldn't go that easily. Plus, I couldn't leave my Prince behind, could I?" Positioning her on my lap, I play with the front of her tentacles, and then embrace her, not wanting to let go. "Is anyone going to to note of the fact D just revived 3 by holding his hand above her? How does that work exactly?" "Shut up 4!" After shouting at 4, I lean in and kiss Cora, releasing after a few seconds and smiling madly. "I love you Cora." "And I love you too Tobias."

I need to get home, but I won't be able to for a while now. I'll stick around at headquarters until next year, then I'll return home. I hope you enjoy your life, Cora and Tobias.

D teleports away, leaving only the agents on the island.

~4s POV~

I go back to sitting besides 7, waiting for her to wake up. All I wanted to do was see her again and get married. "Leon? Are you there?" 7 sits up slowly, being careful not to fall backwards and be knocked out again. I grab her hand to help support her, then pick her up and kiss her on the lips. "Sonia... Oh I've missed you so much..." I kiss her again on the lips, and then look into her eyes. One of them had stayed pure white, the other returned to her normal brown colour. "I'm sorry Leon, I shouldn't have touched the Pyramid at all... If I hadn't none of this would have happend." She crys a little, but I lean her into me and calm her down. "It's all fine now Sonia. Tobias saved us all, and the most important thing is that we got you back, our friends back and got rid of the corruption. Now, should we board the helicopter and go home? I think we should." I take her hand in mine and head back to the helicopter, catching up with her about stuff that happend whilst she was evil.

"Before anyone goes home, we have some prisoners to release. Yes it's late, but we have to do this first. Great job on saving the world and our friends again Squidbeak Splatoon. Another missions successfully completed." As Marie speaks to us, everyone else gets on, and Callie and Pearl fly us to the Metro.