7 ☾ Lost

Opal POV

Opal POV

It's taken me a whole week to gather the strength for what I need to do. It's like a burden of knowledge has been slammed into my shoulders. I have to talk to the Alpha, and soon.

My body is deteriorating without Keifer, and there's only one person who can bring him back to me.

I am not going to tell the father of my mate what exactly is going on in great detail. That wouldn't be very smart of me. I'm not allowed to give away every little thing. My life is too private. Too personal. I've made a promise, and I plan on keeping it. But that won't stop me from trying.

I don't really speak to Alpha Veiler often. He's busy, and I'm just a mere pack member. There's not a lot of opportunity for me to chat with him. I'm a little nervous. Okay... really nervous. I don't know how observant he is, or how easy I am for him to read. But, I have to ask him some things, and I need to do it sooner rather than later.

So, I make an appointment through his Delta, the scary and very large Ryk. He's not someone I like being around. He's terrifying, nothing like his shy son, Rome.

I can still see his pale blue eyes and white eyelashes. I shiver, and it's not from the cold.

I march into the office, chunks of snow tumbling off my laces and onto the wood floors. The office building is cozy in the winter, just like the hospital. It's warm and cozy, and it's not large enough to get lost in.

The Alpha office is easy enough to find. It's the door at the very end of the short hallway. Only the Alpha and his Beta, Gamma, and Delta have an office here, and no one else really comes in here....except for the Luna. She visits her mate often, and also comes to council meetings since she is the other ruler here.

Glaring at the door, I already want to fight the old Alpha with my own two hands. I would lose, there is no doubt about it, but it would be satisfying to take my anger out on him. He did this to me. It's all too easy to blame it on him.

I sigh, realizing that I wouldn't have the gumption to even attempt that. It took me long enough to conserve enough energy to come here. I've been spending my days resting in bed, hardly able to move.

Wrapping my knuckles on the door, I wait and wait, my legs turning to jelly and my head becoming light like it's being pumped full of helium.

"Come in." The words cue me, and I open the door and walk in before I lose my bravery. The amazing office that lays beyond makes me jealous. It's roomy, and welcoming. A huge fireplace is crackling merrily with a fire, shelves are filled to the brim with dusty old novels and the walls splattered with pictures.

I can't help but stare at the photographs. They're filled with happier times in the Veiler family, when everyone was still together. I flick my gaze around to spot every picture that includes Keifer. He looks so right, so good. I miss him with every fiber inside me. I haven't heard from him in a long time. Three weeks. I should have gotten a letter by now. It's like he's forgotten me.