Chapter Fifteen

Suddenly a cool breeze passed through the little garden they had been walking through.
The air cooled them up almost instantly and dried all their clothes, relieving them of the sweat and the heat.
It seemed their respite had only been temporary. The breeze suddenly picked up, turning into an angry wind that howled and snarled as it spun things around with ferocity.
The group found themselves faltering as the now strong wind blew leaves and sand into their faces....
They still forged on unflinching.
Well, most of them. We won't talk about Sozee and Maya who kept screaming everytime something entered their eyes.
Soon the wind calmed again and they continued to walk through the garden as if nothing had just happened. They literally had no other option but to move ahead.

"You know what I've been thinking..?"
Maya started
"I think what were going through right now is the seasonals...you know, ..the heat, the sudden wind, the..."

"Do you ever keep quiet?" Nebbia asked.
Maya whispered her chant under her breath "I will not be tempted by the devil, I will not be tempted by the devil"

She moved in front of Nebbia and flipped her hair, making sure it slapped the girl in the face. " I do keep quiet sometimes.... What did you say happened to your hair again?You're looking scruffier than the last time I saw you."

All Nebbia saw was red. She had liked her hair long, loved it even. It was her captor that drove her mad, she couldn't see the face of the one who mocked her so she wasn't aware of the person's identity. The person kept telling Nebbia that her long hair made her look like her mother, Nebbia's mother. She was angry because she didn't know what type of good mother would continue living happily knowing that her child was rotting in a prison cell for a crime she didn't even know about. Her resentment for her faceless mother grew and once she was out of the cell and in the clear, she chopped most of her hair off with her dagger. It rested at the nape of her neck,almost to her shoulder but not quite. She didn't know how true what her captor had said was but she didn't want to look like her mother in any way possible. The hair had to go

Nebbia grabbed Maya's arm " I don't know why you move around as if you own the place...."

Maya pulled her arm out of the other girl's grip "Now who gave you that silly idea. That doesn't even make sense!"

Nebbia growled "You put me in a constant bad mood!"
Maya scoffed "Aren't  you always in a bad mood? You are very very rude, didn't your mother teach you how to be nicer to strangers? The first time I met you, I tried to befriend you but you blew me off"

Nebbia faced Maya, pointing aggressively to her. "My personal life or what my parents taught me is none of your business and I 'blew you off' as you put it, for my own personal reasons."

She curled her lip in contempt to Maya.
"I don't answer to you, child"
Maya lifted an eyebrow
"Wait till I attack you, we'll see who's a child here grandma!"

Maya cringed inwardly as she said this, she didn't really know if she was challenging Nebbia to a fight or not but she hoped Nebbia wouldn't take it that way because Maya could not fight. The girl would definitely destroy her in a fight.
But gosh, the dark haired girl made her so annoyed.

"You are so fortunate I don't have my sword with me" Nebbia said simply.
She turned about to walk away when she stopped.... "Did you feel that?"

"Feel what, Nebbia?" Sozee piped up, looking at Nebbia like she was a goddess.
Maya rolled her eyes, didn't sozee just hear Nebbia threaten her as if her life didn't matter.
Helloooooo?
#MAYA'SLIFEMATTERSTOO

And then she felt it as well. The atmosphere had changed. A cold air, like the one they encountered at the traps passed through, chilling them to the bone.