Why do i look more broken than him

Karmas POV:
Nagisa had explained to me how he had found his mothers lifeless body on the kitchen floor laying in a pool of blood, wrists split wide open.
All I could do was stare at him. But than, the worst part came. The contents of the note.
"Inside the note she wrote down that she couldn't live with such a pathetically disappointing nothing for a child" Nagisa had said. His voice entirely emotionless. And to my greatest disgust, I felt tears swell up in the corners of my eyes and then spill out leaving trails across my cheeks. I tried to wipe them away and kept apologizing over and over again. How am I crying right now. Nagisa is the one that's allowed to be hurting, not me.
Nagisa, still looking broken leaned in close and pressed my head onto his chest lightly. It felt nice. He stroked my hair whispering into my ear that it was okay. I felt disgust with myself. I should be the one comforting him.
"I-I'm so sorry, N-nagisa... I should be the one comforting y-you. I-it's just..." I trailed off. My eyes widened at what Nagisa said next. He tilted my head up and smiled warmly at me. It wasn't a bright smile, nor a dull one. Just a tiny closed eyed smile that somehow warmed, and shattered my heart at the same time. The words that then left his lips were spoken in a delicately soft and beautiful voice. "Your pain is just as valid as anyone else's."
At this, I broke down in sobs. I could barely breathe. Nagisa hurting like this... I couldn't bare it anymore. While I was sobbing without cessation, Nagisa kept stroking my hair and caressing my cheek.

Time skip to morning:
I woke up laying in my bed. I remember once I had finished crying Nagisa wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. I felt safe and loved in his arms. He kindly smiled at me and told me to go get some rest. My heart, it felt broken but warmed at the same time...