13

-Zea-
Is been a few weeks since the hospitalization and right now we are in the waiting lobby because while we were at school Jace's water broke. Everything is going fine the six month pregnancy was smooth and this baby is about to be smooth. At least that's what everyone is telling me but currently Aaru is freaking out in the room and I'm freaking out in the lobby. "I mean it's a whole baby! You guess aren't pumped! I mean I'm so scared but oh my gosh!" I yelled at the group as they sat around doing nothing. "It's been six hours and we could have six more!" I yelled and grabbed my third cup of coffee. "Aweeee! Just imagine the little bows or bow ties. Pink or blue. Purple green. What are we gonna do." I panted and the doctor came out. "OH! It's okay right?! What's wrong? What happened?" I bombarded the doctor and Xavier pulled me back to let Giselle talk to him. "The baby is-" he was interrupted by my fainting and as everything almost went dark I heard it "here." He said. "HERE! THE BABY'S FUCKING HERE!" I yelled and he said I'd have to "silently" come in so I don't freak out Jace. We all entered and as soon as I heard the crying I sobbed. I scampered in and saw the baby wrapped in pink. "A girl~" I purred and Jace smiled at us. "What's her name?" I asked in between my tears. "Evangeline. Angel for short." Jace said and I had to sit down. I looked at baby Evangeline and looked over at Aaru who was holding her wittle baby hand. It was so cute. Then she started opening her small little dark blue eyes. They matched Jace's eyes and she had small little thin hairs the color of Aaru's. She looked at Jace and Aaru and then Jace gently held her facing us. "And this is your pack." He whispered and I let out a fresh sob. "So cute!" I squeaked. After she was held by Aaru for awhile everyone got to hold her. "Here you hold Angel first, Luna." Aaru said and my eyes sparkled. Me! Not even the alpha himself or their first friends. Aaru handed her over and I held my tears so I didn't drip on the precious Angel. I smiled at her and whimpered by how cute she was. "Did the doctor guess what you are yet? A wittle omega or a wittle beta...or possibly a big ole alpha huh?" I asked and Jace filled in the information of the fact that she was a beta. I squeaked and gently passed her to Xavier. He held her so proudly and he looked so cute holding a baby I blushed. "Hey there Angel. I promise I'll be the best Alpha ever." He chuffed and I purred at the sight. "Oh Jace she is so precious." I said as I gently hugged him. He shook his head yes as he watched Xavier pass Angel. Jace looked pretty tired and I asked if he was okay. He of course said he just had to take a nap.
~~~
"ANGEL IS HERE!" I yelled as I ran out of her nursery and down the stairs towards the door. I opened it aggressively and purred. "Oh it's been too long! I missed you Angel. Oh and your parents." I laughed nervously as they jokingly judged me. "It was only two days. You know they have to do all the testing and recovery." Aaru said and they entered the house. I closed the door for them and the rest led them to the nursery. "Surprise!" Xavier said as he backed away from the bed. The new parents looked around in awe at the heaven inspired room. The scheme was white and pink with gold accents. There were clouds painted on the pink ceiling and the furniture was white with pink accessories. The gold was spread out here and there. Oh this is so exciting. "Everyone got a gift for the room or the baby so they're all in here." Izzie proudly announced. "Oh yeah!" I said and picked up the teddy from the bed. It was a bear similar to Mr. King but she was pink and he was dark blue. "Hewwo princess Evangeline! I'm Ms. Queen!" I said in a funny voice as I moved her hands to talk. I put her back on the bed and everyone mentioned as well what they got. I noticed Xavier left so I followed him. "Hey everything alright?" I asked as he made his way downstairs. "Give me a minute Zea I'll be back." He said and I paused and watched him walk away. I don't know what I'm supposed to do in this situation. Do I go after him to make sure he isn't alone or do I give him the space he asked for. Space. I've decided I will do as my mate asked and give him a moment. Following him would be what a women would what of a man. However I think men are straight forward and mean what they say. I head over to my room and wait in my nest.
~~~
I wake up in my nest the next morning. I must have fallen asleep from working yesterday. I look at the time and it reads seven am. I groggily get up and head to the kitchen. I make bacon, eggs, and toast since it's quick and leave it all on the table. I return to my room and shower. Once I brushed my teeth I felt nice and clean. I change into some sweatpants and a hoodie that was stolen from Xavier. Good thing it's Saturday I'm too mentally tired for school. I head back down and drink some coffee as I watch everyone file in. Jace came in with Angel who was sleeping since she just ate breakfast. I fixed Jace's plate for him. You know special treatment. I waved at Angel and make Xavier a plate. He would have been up by now so maybe he's sick. I sure hope he isn't. I make my way to Xavier's room and knock. I hope he feels better from yesterday too. After awhile I open the door to see him sitting on the edge of the bed. "Xavier? I was knocking on the door? You didn't hear me?" I asked and he didn't say anything. I approached him and put his food down. "Breakfast is ready?" I laughed nervously and touched his forehead for only a second because he smacked it away. It was warmer then usual but I wouldn't call him sick. "Sorry. I don't know why I did that." He said and looked away. I looked at him confused "What is wrong?" I asked and he looked unsure himself. "I feel super aggressive..." he said looking at his hands. "Hey look at me." I said softly and he didn't. "Mate come on. Usually you'd be up. Everyone is thinking about you." I whispered and he continued to ignore me. "Xa-"
"Shut up" he interrupted me. "What?" I questioned because he would never talk to me like that. "Xavier I'm really concerned. Maybe you should see-" I started but he did it again. "Just shut up and get the fuck out." He yelled at me and I backed away as he stood up. "Xavier what are you-" I panicked as I went for the door but he smacked me and I fell to the ground with a gasp. "Xavier I'm sorry?!" I whimpered and he growled at me. He opened the door and kicked me so I landed outside with a scream then he slammed the door. I sobbed and hugged myself out of pain. My side hurts really bad. So does my cheek. What the fuck is wrong with him. "Zea?!" Izzie ran up to me on the ground. Shit they can't know about this. "What happened we heard you scream and the door?" She asked and I stood up weakly. This didn't hurt like Suzzie but it just hurt my feelings more. He growled at me and scared me. "Uh...nothing." I said and headed for my room. She stopped me and looked at my cheek. "D-did Xavier do this...?" She nervously shook out. "No I hit the floor because I slammed the door on myself by accident. I was moving to fast." I laughed and she lifted my hoodie to see the redness on my side. "He did this. Why are you covering up for him?" She said angrily. "He isn't feeling good. I think he just needs a couple days to himself or something. He didn't mean it." I explained and she looked upset and went back downstairs. My eyes widened and I went to stop her. "Izzie!" I called for her and she stopped. "Don't say a thing." I said sternly and she looked at me shocked. I think I commanded her but I wasn't trying to. She just rolled her eyes and sat back down. I listened for a moment and she didn't say a word.