Chapter 3

5 days later

I wake up to my phone ringing at 4am.

"Hello?"

"Alice, was zum Teufel, warum hast du nicht angerufen und mir gesagt, dass du im Krankenhaus bist?"

"Mama, es ist schön von dir zu hören, wie geht es dir?"

"Alice, das ist kein Scherz, warum hast du es mir nicht gesagt und warum musste ich von deiner Nanny hören?"

"Es tut mir leid, Mama, ich habe vergessen, dich anzurufen. Ich rufe jedes Mal an, wenn etwas nicht stimmt. Bitte vergib mir?"

"Natürlich mache ich das so, wie geht es dir?"

"Ich fühle mich viel besser als als ich hier ankam."

"Großartig, dein Vater möchte mit dir sprechen. Ich liebe dich, Baby."

"Ich liebe dich, Mama, du kannst ihm das Telefon geben."

"Hallo?" I say trying to see if she gave to phone to my father.

"Hello?"

"Papa, oh, ich habe dich so sehr vermisst!"

"Alice honey you know you can speak English with me that just your mother who doesn't allow it." I can hear my mother say something in the background but I don't know what.

"Hi dad how are you?"

"I'm good and oh is my little princess?"

"Dad I'm 28 and have a child of my own."

"But you'll always be my princess... how is that little pumpkin?" I laugh a little then talk.

"She's doing fine she's been with me everyday keeping her mama company."

"So how's she taking you being sick?"

"Well she's very smart for her age so she understands a little but I don't tell her to much she is still only 2... but my stinky but is gonna be 3 in a week I can't believe it."

"So are you having a party?"

"Yea if I can get out of her by then."

"Ok well we'll call later I love you princess."

"I love you to dad tell mom love her talk to you guys later."

"Ok sweetie bye." I hang up and turn to the door and jump when I see Fp.

"What the hell are you doing here it's 4am...?"

"Coming to visit." He states like its normal.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to know you speak a different language." He chuckles and walks over to the chair next to the bed.

"You've been there that long and didn't say anything why?" I giggle.

"Didn't want to intrude."

"Well that's better then talking to my mother....don't get me wrong I love her with all my heart but I hate talking in German I like to stick to my first language."

"Well I like it sounds petty cool."

"Maybe I can teach you sometime." I shrug.