Chapter 7: Unexpected

Hey everyone! Today is the next chapter and I also have some sad news. Exams are coming up for me so I'm not sure when I'll update. But just know that I will never ever stop writing this story or give up on it. And the above picture, hehe. Anime and Miraculous Ladybug crossover? That's heaven.

Marinette was pissed. And concerned. Sure, she shouldn't be feeling that, she should trust her team really. But she couldn't help but worry. She was the team leader and she has been close with the girls for many millenias, so she had every right to be wondering about them.

" Marinette, could you please pass me the banner and help me hang it?" Lara, one of the students from the student council instructed her as Marinette nodded. She rolled up the banner that said Welcome to the Fall Gala.

Marinette POV:
Gala huh? The last time Gala was used in a banner was a long time ago. When everything was just fine and wonderful. No villains, no evil and no drama. Just me, my friends and my parents.

Flashback...
" There we go princess. All ready and looking beautiful," one of the castle maids exclaimed, causing me to blush as I am just a young girl at her teens. I get down from the stand I was on and look at myself in the humongous mirror. " Wow! I look so pretty! Thank you Carissa!" I exclaim and thank the maid while twirling around.

 " Wow! I look so pretty! Thank you Carissa!" I exclaim and thank the maid while twirling around

Carissa nodded and turned around to leave. " Wait- " but it was too late. She had already left the room. I sigh and sit down. No one, not even a single person has wished me today. On my birthday. I open the gold locket my parents gave me for my last birthday and my eyes tear up. Tears drop onto my hand onto the locket like a waterfall getting hit by a boulder. Suddenly, someone knocks on the door and I quickly wipe my tears as I tell them to come in.

" You look lovely darling," someone compliments. I look up to see my mom and dad as they step in. They stretch their arms towards me and I rush into the warm protection of them. " So kitten ( hehe another clue) want your present yet?" My father asked. I smile as I let go of them enough that I can see them. " Mom, Dad... The best present I could ever ask for are you, our family, my friends and our wonderful empire," I answer and they looked at me with such pride that it caused my heart to throb. " And yes, I'll take the present," I add as they giggle at me. They tell me to close my eyes and wait.

They make me walk a few steps and make me sit down. " Happy Birthday!" I open my eyes in a few seconds and gasp. " Is that.... The earrings of Dorean!?!" Really I shouldn't be surprised as my parents do rule the whole universe. " Yep it is! Your dad and I made it ourselves!" My mother exclaims. Handmade gifts were really the best. I hug them tightly and put it on.

" That's my little girl!" Dad says. " Daaaaaaaaaaaaaad! I'm 15!" I pout at him. He chuckled and shook his head. " No matter the age. Even if you turn out to be 176 years old, you will still be my little girl," he says and I hug his waist and nuzzle him. We start heading downstairs for my birthday Gala. We arrived and everyone bowed down to us and greeted us. I was roaming around talking to random people when I saw my friends waving to me.