Chapter 11: Back to the start

Hey everyone. I apologise deeply for not posting the chapters and I might not do it for a while. It's completely my fault because I have something wrong with me that makes my attention repeatedly jump from one interest to another. So I will try hard to post as much as I can. For now enjoy this chapter.

Opening her eyes, she was blinded by the lights above her. She scrunched her eyes shut as it watered. She tried to move her arm over her face but it gave a stab of pain which caused her to groan.

" Marinette? Are you awake?" A male said that.

" Mhm," was the only answer that person got from her. She didn't even try to figure out that the voice belonged to Adrien because she was busy focusing on the pain radiating in her shoulder. The last thing she remembered was barely managing to escape from the meeting room. Or rather, what was left of it. She didn't know how long she was out or the condition of the others and the building.

" Hey Mari? Should I call Alya and Nino and tell them you're awake?" The voice asked. Her friends' names gave a jolt to her brain and her eyes opened to find the one and only Adrien Agreste standing next to the bed she was on looking concerned. Her face went red from the thought of her crush seeing her in a hospital gown though he didn't seem to mind much, which is what she gathered from his rather schooled expression. She laughed nervously and answered," Dork- I -i mean! Yes! Call you can Alya and Nino bring in! I mean- You can let Alya and Nino in! And bring them in!" She grimaced at her stammering and closed her eyes to save herself from further embarrassment. She heard his heavenly laugh that sent butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

" Well looks like you're better! I'll them tell come to in," he teased which made her face brighter than her suit.

" Girl I am about to kill you so you better be armed-" Alya warned as she ran inside ready to grab her until she saw her state. Well, her being flustered and her injured shoulder. She looked at Adrien who was standing innocently and looked back at her smirking. Marinette gulped at Alya's face. " Okkk I'll let you off the hook for one time." She said as she took a seat, causing a chain reaction.

They helped Marinette sit up and then she was asked the one thing she hoped to avoid.

Marinette POV:
" So Marinette. Would you care, to tell, this darling reporter friend of yours, how exactly did you, get hurt?" Alya said in her oh so famous historian voice. I froze up and started cursing at her silently. Making a mental note to kill her later, I gave what was probably a reasonable excuse as the boys waited patiently.

" Um you see... Ladybug and I were uh hanging out! Yeah and in the middle of it there were thugs near us and um... She tried to protect me and fight but they threw me and my shoulder took the impact!! But she did such an a-awesome job at fighting!!" I lied. Alya snickered as Adrien and Nino took in the information. I glared at Alya subtly and she was about to say something else but was interrupted by Adrien.

" See Nino? I told you Ladybug could kick some ass!" He grinned at Nino as said guy rolled his eyes. I blushed once again remembering Adrien's post about me, Ladybug kicking ass. " Yeah true that! That girl is so awesome! I bet Rena Rouge is cool as her and they're besties!" Alya said proudly.

" Uh-uh! No way! Ladybug and Chat Noir are the "besties" as you call it!" Adrien fired. Alya leaned forward and put her hands on her thighs. " Oh oh oh! Are we really doing this Agreste? You're on!" She claimed and they started war about who was the closest to Ladybug. Nino was getting fed up while I had no idea what to do. " Ooook, that's enough you two! Break it up! Let's leave now and give Marinette some rest! See you dudette! Take care!" He finally said as he saw that they wouldn't stop. He actually dragged them out while I thanked him.