Chapter 8: Hybrid Hunters

Hey guys! The best wonderful news and worst news ever! My exams are over! YAY! It was over today so I feel so relieved right now! Bad news is.... My main exams start on the 19th😱!! The news hit me like a ton of bricks and I died on the spot. So I'll upload a lot the next few days. For how enjoy the Chapter!

Marinette had brought the girls as quickly as she could out of the underground cavern. They had been teleported to a secret base they had which was once given to Marinette for one of her birthdays. The base is also used as a home for them ( please don't mind my cringe in these paragraphs. I'm being rusty as a rusted nail dropped in water. It's because of not writing for so long) .

Marinette worked as quickly as she could and put them all in seperate beds in the medical room. She detransformed and calms down a bit. Of course, that was a hard thing to do when you're friends were put in danger. She opens up some cabinets and takes out herbs and an old mixing items. She grinds them enough and add some water to it as she makes her way to her friends, who were coincidentally waking up.

" Mari...?" Alya said drowsily as she stood up and started to lose balance. Luckily, Marinette rushed over and caught her in time. " Woah there! All of you stay in bed! You're not in proper condition!" She exclaimed. She received mumbles and groans as an answer. Also some giggles....? Probably cause of the drowsiness. Anyhow, it caused Marinette to roll her eyes and get back to making the medicine, understanding that her friends were fine.

With the boys....
The cave started rumbling and rocks were crashing everywhere. Adrien and Nino managed to find everyone on time and they regrouped. " We got the information! We should get out of here now!" Max shouted over the commotion of destruction. Either way, the others had heard it as they ran and retraced their steps back to the entrance.

However, as soon as they reached the area, they let out curses. " I can't believe this! The entrance- it's blocked!" Kim screamed. "Calm down guys! Right now we have to find cover. I'm not able to teleport for some reason so come on!" Adrien informed and they found the sewers. "In here!" He shouted as everyone got in just as the whole underground lab collapsed.

Many people wouldn't like to be in the sewers. After all, it had an overpowering stench and was crawling with insects and mammals. But they can make exceptions, for people who have just escaped from a near death experience. Like the boys.

"Phew that was close. Max can you navigate our way out of here?" Luka asked him as said guy nodded. Soon, after many twists and turns, they ended up under a manhole, their exit. They climbed out and recognised the place immediately. It was the Great Rebellion's (their group name) base.

This caused a sense of relief for everyone as they made their way in. Like the girls, this base was given as a gift from Adrien's mother to him. When she was still around of course. But seeing this base caused Adrien to catch melancholic feelings that he pushed down because now was not the time.

As they went in, each of them took a quick shower as this was a humongous base that goes underground.

Adrien was the first one out and he sat on his work related to desk in the living room with wet hair and a towel around his neck. He plugged in the pen drive Max had given him as everyone sat next to him. "This is.... This is the notes of how to make hybrids. It also includes the history of hybrid hunters and information of all the creatures in their laboratory," Adrien explained as the boys murmured to each other.

"Actually, me and Max met two other girls in the lab. A girl with blue, short hair and the other with colourful mid length hair." Kim informed. "Wait then they must be the girl group that's always found wherever we go!" Ivan suggested and all agreed since it made the most sense.