Lord Asriel

Lyra and Cain leapt out of the wardrobe to snatch the glass of Tokay out, of Lord Asriel's hand, and causing the good liquor to spill everywhere, as well as the glass, to smash hard on the floor.

Lord Asriel grabbed one of their wrists in each hand and twisted hard the both of them, as a loud howl came from outside of the Retiring Room.

Similien stood in the doorway and he was growling savagely, as he paced in front of the doorway, indicating that a certain one of the Belacqua siblings, is not too far behind, her dæmon, at this point in time.

"You will release the both of them at once, Lord Asriel. The Butler will never be distracted for too much longer, as he will remember his duties before too long. Stelmaria." Similien dipped his head swiftly and respectfully towards Stelmaria, Lord Asriel's dæmon, who had long ago taken the form of a snow leopard.

"The bottle of Tokay is poisoned! We saw the Master put something into it and I just saved your life!" Lyra, face full of pain, still was able to speak.

"Exactly, so you need to let us go! If we get caught, it will be the end for all of us, our good, truthful Uncle." Cain's voice cuts very swiftly through, into a certainly very dramatically started moment in the family. "I only came into the room to find Lyra." Cain said finally, as Lyra glared at her middle brother with a fury in her face.

"I will distract the Porter and the Butler for you, but do not presume to be out of the woods yet, young ones. As I understand it, Silver is preparing a bit of a lecture for the both of you, right on this moment now." Similien growled at them, as he turned and loped graceful and quietly, out of the room.

"I only came in just to see what the room was like," she said. "I know that I shouldn't have. But I was going to be leavin' before anyone came in, except that I heard the Master comin' and got trapped. The wardrobe it was the only place to hide. And I saw him as he put in the powder in the wine. If I hadn't."

Lyra shuddered as suddenly a loud knock came at the door as Cain jumps at the same moment.

"That'll be the Porter," said Lord Asriel, as Aesina turned into a large black cat, hissing at the doorway and Stelmaria growled rather approvingly at her chosen shape even, if it was only for the moment at least. "Back in the wardrobe. If I hear the slightest noise, I'll make you wish that the both of you were dead." He snapped very quietly at them, as they raced into the wardrobe, shutting the door gently as he looked at the doorway.

"Come in." Lord Asriel called out as the Porter opens the door to the room, having been patiently waiting for him to give the order.

"In here, my lord?" The Porter questioned and the two younger ones of the Belacqua siblings were watchin' the Porter's expressions carefully, and they were surprised to see unease and some doubt on his face.

"That's right, Shuter," said Lord Asriel to the Porter. "Bring them both in and put them down by the table."

Lyra exhaled gently, as then she was gently moving her arm in the dark of the wardrobe, when they both hear a loud crash and a glug of spilled liquid.

"Damn you, Shuter, you careless old fool! Look what you've done!" Asriel's shout was easily heard by the pair of kids and their dæmons alike, and they both looked over at the mess.

Asriel had clearly managed to knock the wine over himself, while also he'd been able to clearly, make it look, like as if the older man who was Porter, as if he had done it.

"I am truly sorry, my lord-- I must have been closer than I thought--" the Porter stammered.

"Go get something to clear this mess up. Go on, before it soaks into carpet!"

Asriel ordered and the Porter, he swiftly hurried out of the room as fast as he was able to, as Cain stifled a few laughs at the sight.

"Since the lot of you... no, sorry-- The both of you are in there you can make yourselves a bit useful for us. You are to watch the Master closely when he's to come in. If you tell me somethin' in this hall, interesting, about him, I will keep you from getting further into the trouble you're already in. Understand me?" Lord Asriel questions of them, in a low tone of voice.

"Yes, Uncle."
"Yes, Uncle."

The pair of children said quietly as he'd scoff quietly at their words being interconnected sharply.

"Make any noise in there and I won't help either of you. You will be on your own." He said quietly, moving away as the Porter, he stumbled into the room, with the cleaning supplies in hand.

After cleaning it up, the Porter leaves the room, while the Scholars and their Master walked into the room, inhalin' sharply at the sight of Asriel and their uncle's dæmon.

Hours later now, Lyra was being shaken awake, by their Lord Uncle Asriel, while she in turn, shoved Cain, causing the boy to snap awake at once, his fists clenched tightly at his sides.

"Come on. There are still some servants about, so off you go to bed for the night." Lord Asriel ordered the pair of them, as Similien's growl came from the doorway.

"It's clear. I would suggest that we all leave now. Silver is waiting behind the suit of armor from the previous hiding time. I suggest we go, now." The gray wolf snarled at them all and the two children ran after Similien with their dæmons needing no more words to be said, and they raced off as now they were following Silver, who'd swiftly and silently, caught up to them both.