Distrusting

They stopped at the edge of the woods, which was where they met up with Tony and his hawk, along with Ma Costa and her hawk.

She hugged the both of them separately, as Similien's eyes were excited to see them, as he playfully nuzzled the two hawks.

"Did you tell anyone that you were coming? Or if you did, did you trust 'em?" Ma Costa asked and Silver looks at her calmly, as her hand moved so it was buried in Similien's neck fur.

"I reassure you of this fact, Ma Costa, it is not easy for us to trust anyone. Or anything. We would not..." Ma Costa's eyes blazed up, and Similien growled a bit.

"I want to hear it from you, girl. Not your dæmon for once. Speak, will ya, I know that you can!" Ma Costa says to her and Silver's eyes blazed up, with a anger equal to Ma Costa's.

"Never, ever tell Similien what to do again." She snaps at her and Ma Costa, she seems to recognize, that there was a shift in power here and now.

"You dare to be a person, who would interrupt a wolf of all animals... from speaking? He could tear out your eyes with his claws and rip out your throat with his teeth with no qualms about it and I would be the only person whose authority he would mind." Silver took but a single step forward and walking along with Similen, who was growling a bit. "You dare to question my loyalty, Ma Costa? The main symbol, a wolf is used to represent... is loyalty. I haven't today, and I never will betray you. My dæmon alone is proof of it." Similien's head tipped back as she gestured and he let out a long and chilling howl.

Ma Costa shuddered at the howling noise and it was Tony Costa now, he who stood strong, as Similien's howl was cut off at once, as a branch, was crackling somewhere in the woods.

Silver spins rather quickly around to face the other side of the forestry and trees, as a another branch snapped in their vicinity.

"Tony, do you happen to still, have that sword on your person?" Silver's voice cut through the gloom and Tony was pivoting around, in a circle, along with her.

"What are you talking about? A sword?" He asked and she looked over her shoulder.

"You had one earlier, on your back. In fact, you had three. One, by each your sides, and the other one on your back, so where is it?" She asks in a growling tone.

Suddenly a shape fell out of a tree with a loud cry and Similien leapt on top of the boy, preparing to kill him.

"Wait!!" The boy screamed and Silver's eyebrows shot up onto her forehead, and she whistles sharply for Similien, who leapt back to her side in a single bound as Cain Belacqua, he was the one, who sat up, coming out of the mud.

"Cain Belacqua! I swear by heaven, hell, and anythin' in between that one day I will..." Silver threatens until her brother stood up and shakes his head.

"All of us are leaving day after tomorrow. You, me, Lyra. We're all leaving with some woman, who has a golden monkey for her dæmon. Mrs. Coulter or somethin' like that."

Cain blurts out to her in a bit of a panic and Silver felt her face at once flushing, and it was rather clear that the shock, it was taking over her now.

"What?" Silver whispered and he nodded a bit, as Silver's eyes went to Similien, who was growling very soft as the pair looks over at Ma Costa and Tony.

Who were now trying to keep their faces mostly, trying to be completely expressionless for Silver's sake and of course, for Similien's sake as well.