✨are you serious✨

Grady Hospital
9:00 am

Grady Hospital9:00 am

Vadah🌸

after a 25 min drive i arrived at the hospital. i checked my phone to find six messages from me and the girls gc.

"girl wya the teacher looking for you?" tamera asked. "i'm at the hospital layla and her mom here" i told them and turnt off my phone and walked in the hospital.

i entered the hospital and went straight to the receptionist. " hello could i help you with anything " she asked.

"yes i'm looking for my friend layla anderson" i told her. "ok are you family" she asked. "yes i'm her stepsister" i replied.

sometimes you have to lie to get what you want! "she's in room 205" the lady said.

i rushed down to room 205 which i had to use the elavator to get to. i opened the door and saw layla in the bed with her eyes closed and bandages on her body.

"who did this to her" i said as a tear fell down my face. "we don't know yet" her mom said with a calm voice.

she one strong woman cause i don't know how she so calm with the way layla looking.

"is she gonna be okay" i asked. "yes but the doctor said the bullet hit her spine, so they are tryna see her chancing of walking again" her mom told me.

oh my god! "so you saying layla might not never walk again" i said crying even more. "no no calm down let's think positive" her mom told me patting me on my back.

"it's just that i told layla not to try to get payback and now look at her i should've tried harder" i said through sobs.

"payback for what" her mom asked. "for zay" i replied. "are you serious". "it's not your fault vadah" layla said raspy. i gave her a big hug.

"ok ok you swooshing me" layla said. "oh my layla i'm soo glad you're okay" layla's mom said while caressing her forehead.

"almost gave me a heart attack" she continued. "what made you do it layla" i asked her. "i just wanted payback for what they did" she replied.

"and now does it feel worth it you might not never walk again" i told her. "or you fr" she asked.

"ofc i'm fr why would i lie abt something like that" i said. i saw a tear come out her eye. and then she closed her eyes.

"oh my god" she yelled at the top her lungs. "i'm a big dummy" she whispered. and the room went complete silent until her mom broke it.

"no you are not layla every girl does dumb things for boy, trust me you are not the only one" her mom said.

"oh rlly so you mean to tell me it's a bunch of girls out there who tried to murder smb bc they shot at their bf that they probably ain't gon be with in five yrs" layla replied with tears streaming down her face like a waterfall.

"huh you mean to tell me it's a bunch of girls who did that ma huh" she continued. the room went silent again. i just kept rubbing her hand as tears kept falling.