Bonus Part 2♦️❤️♣️♠️: Night Duty

Angel Dust sighed heavily when he rolled over in his pink bedsheets and gazed at the empty side of the bed where his boyfriend would usually sleep. Unfortunately Husk was on night duty tonight so he wouldn't be coming to bed until around seven-thirty the next morning. This meant that he was expected to sleep alone in the bed tonight.

One problem: Angel couldn't sleep..

He had the same issue every time Husk did a night shift at the Hazbin Hotel, which was far more often than he liked. So he lay awake, tossing and turning in the bedsheets that couldn't compare to being wrapped up in the warm body and wings of his lover who was pulling an all nighter so that Alastor could do his late night talk show segment on Hell's radio. The two of them rotated doing this shift since night was the most dangerous time in Hell and they were easily the two toughest residents inside the building and would never dream of asking one of the girls to take on the burden.

Deciding that it was pointless trying to sleep the pale pink spider sat up and glanced over at his piglet who was fast asleep on his back, one little foot kicking as he snorted happily. The sight made Angel smile briefly, whatever he was dreaming about it was clearly a good dream. He then picked up his Hellphone from the side deciding to text his boyfriend and see how his shift was since he had nothing better to do.

'Hey, u busy dwn ther?' He expected to have to wait for a little while for a response since he usually had to but almost instantly the three dots that indicated he had read it and was responding came up.

'What do you think?' His response made Angel sigh in mild frustration. Why did his boyfriend always have to play mind games with him? He then swiftly text him back with a slight frown furrowing his brow.

'I'm guessin not since u answrd real quik' He waited for the response which took a little more time to come through and the spider noted that it was around two-thirty in the morning.

'How'd you figure? I do keep my phone with me' A groan came out of the spider demon's mouth as his shoulders sagged, now he knew his boyfriend was probably revelling in his own amusement but it didn't make the situation any less irritating for him.

'Quit bein a dick and gimme a strait ans' This time he had to wait an extended length of time and the response he got was just one word.

'No'

"Arh! God dammit!!" Angel declared flopping back into the pillows he had propped up while waiting for the response.

'Fine! I'll com c fr myslv!!' Angel only intended this to be an idle threat as he huffed, pouting while remaining slouched back into those big soft pillows and frowning. His brows then quirked up in curiosity when the three little dots indicating that his boyfriend was responding popped up.

'Ok then' These two words made the youthful looking spider demon blink in some disbelief. Was he serious? It was hard to tell if this was Husk accepting his words or calling his bluff. After a split moment of hesitation Angel threw back the bed covers and got out of bed deciding that it didn't matter how he was meant to take this he would go downstairs anyway. He wasn't about to pass up an invitation to go and hang out with his man in a quiet, undisturbed lobby..

......................

When Angel arrived in the enormous foyer he paused at the open balcony at the top of the stairs. His odd sclera pink eyes scanning the seemingly empty foyer below. He couldn't see his boyfriend anywhere behind the bar or the reception desk, not that it was easy to tell as the whole place was in darkness apart from the office-like lamp which lit up the desk in a circle of light. The tall, lithe spider demon who was in his pink silk dressing gown and a set of striped pop socks slowly descended the stairs. The only sound was coming from the old radio that was sitting on the reception desktop with Husk's Hellphone, a set of keys and a bottle of Cheap Booze. Angel's pink eyes rested on the red old-fashioned that looked like it had been around since the sixties. It wasn't the radio itself that was fascinating as he knew that it belonged to his older partner, it apparently resembled one that he had owned when on his tour of duty in Vietnam. It was the fact that the Radio Demon's melodic voice was oozing out the speaker, which would be nice if his subject wasn't so grotesque.