Prologue: How it all started.

(No POV)

A boy who is in a not so good situation or state in that matter is turning in for the night under a highway bridge with a bunch of cardboard boxes acting as cover and protections. He's covered in bruises, bloody bandages, dirty all over his body and wearing torn up clothes along with a worn down jacket. Before that, he ran away from his relatives who were abusive to him and didn't care for him at the slightest. After deciding that enough was enough, he snuck out and ran away from home and took his backpack of stuff along with him knowing only one thing... he never wanted to go back there again. After surviving for about three days after he ran away, he's wandering around the city with his 'supplies' that was running low quick, he didn't want to think about and laid down in his makeshift home and bed while thinking about the horrible days of living with them. 

(Y/N's POV)

*Flashback

*SLAP

(????)- WHAT DID WE SAY ABOUT TALKING BACK TO US!?!?

(Y/N)- *sniffle b-b-but I wasn't t-talking back, a-a-all I wanted was to ask I-i-if I can g-go to bed e-early.

(????)- Even after we said your fine, you have the nerve to think you know better than us!!

(Y/N)- B-but i'm still h-hurt a-after this morning when I d-didn't do m-m-my chores this m-morning. 

(????)-We had to punish you for that because you didn't do them like the exact way we wanted it done. You know what?! Fine! Go to bed but that means no dinner again for you!! Do you understand!?

(Y/N)-B-b-b-but..

(????)- I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?

(Y/N)- *sniffle y-y-yes sir

(????)- Good now go.

After he pointed to my room, I slowly walked over there to not make any more noise so I don't get yelled at again. When I closed my door, I placed my ear over and I heard more talking but I knew already it wasn't good. 

(????)- you know honey, I think its about time that this kid has to go.

Just then a second voice that was a women's started to speak about Y/N.

(????)-As much as I want to, where can we exactly do at the moment? His parents gave him to us and never told us where they went, so that's out of question if your planning on giving him back to them.

(????)-well, how about we just kick him out of the house and let him fend for himself?

(????)- Maybe not the best choice because what happens if police found him then he can rat us out and then we are screwed.

(????)- I got it, we'll send him to my parents.

(????)- ok not bad, but aren't they charged with multiple offenses that can lead to the cops finding out.

(????)- well, they are out of the city and are in the county side where they will never get caught. so that leaves us with never having to worry about that little shit ever again, and we are free once more.

(????)- Good plan, we'll start tomorrow morning.

(????)- Now let's hit the hay and our last day of 'headaches' will be done with.

After they closed their bedroom door, I sat on the ground quietly crying hard knowing that i'm going away from them only to live with even more mean people than them.

(Y/N)- *sniffle *sniffle... I cant take it anymore. I cant. Im always getting hit, yelled at, barely fed at all, doing all of the chores and they don't care about me at all. 

(Y/N)'s mind- *sniffle Thats it, if they want me to leave so bad then I'll do it myself because I'm not worth it anyway to them, so why would they even bother anyway. I will try to get everything I need and then its time for the road. 

After I decided that i'm running away from here, I grabbed my backpack and I started to gather stuff for the road. First, I stole a box of breakfast bars from the pantry I would take occasionally when they didn't feed me dinner. Second, only two water bottles as I was going to fill a sports bottle of water but I didn't want to wake them up. Third, an old blanket from the living room that could fit inside my backpack. And finally, I saw one of their wallets and I took $50 bucks to spend when i'm out of the bars. As much as I hated them now, I don't know why I felt bad for stealing but then again if I returned it back they won't do anything but yell and slap my cheeks again, so I gave up on that thinking. Along with only one set of clothes, I opened my bedroom window and climbed out of the room. When I landed on my feet, I walked fast but not too fast to the streets and started to follow the sidewalks...wherever it takes me. 

(Y/N) mind- Are you happy now?? *sniffle i'm gone from your lives now so you can be happy. Goodbye and I'll never go back ever again.*sniffle *sniffle. 

(Back in reality)

(No POV)

After remembering about that one particular memory, he started to sob more and more until he tired himself from crying but before he went to sleep, he looked up in the sky and for no reason he said a wish in his mind then when he was done he began to fall asleep.

(Y/N)'s mind- All I wish is to find a family that loves and cares for me, I don't care who they are even if there not human, I just want someone who will take me in that's all.

(Y/N)- Hmph, its only a stupid wish anyway, why would I do something like that. Oh what the heck, I got nothing to lose so why not. *Yawn. Well time to sleep and tomorrow I'm off to the road again. 

As soon as he closed his eyes and slept away, unbeknownst to him his wish will come true for him as he will be taken care of from a family so strange that you might think that's theirs  something up with them. But that's all for a later time and for now he will only suffer for one more night, because the next day his life will change forever. 

A/N note- Man, well thats a wrap in this prologue. I hope to anyone who took the time to read my first book, thank you. This is my first time being a writer here, so I don't expect perfection already, but all I want for now is for any feedback and/or constructive criticism, that would be much appreciated. Anyway, I went on long enough, until what ever happens this is adventurefan2020...

Signing out...

Bye! 👋