Chapter 34: Discussions

The next few days felt strange to Momoko, though she couldn't quite put her finger on why. She knew the guys were shaken by the appearance of Hunter in the loft, especially brandishing a knife. She couldn't imagine what would've happened if she'd been home. Not even the spectacular sales of their new merch, including the posters, could shake her feeling that something was wrong.

"These posters are the bomb," Dane enthused. "The fans are going to go crazy."

Kay had agreed, deciding that they should go up on the Peppermint Silk website even before the next gig, along with all the clothing and water bottles and other offerings. "In fact," she said, turning to Jude, "I want to have a word with you about your website. You are the one running it, right?"

"Yeah?" Jude turned to her. "Something wrong with it?"

"No no, you've done a fabulous job," Kay assured him. "But I think you need to relinquish that job to someone at the agency, okay? The simple truth is that you guys are going to be too busy in the very near future to be running your own website, and it's normal for management to take care of stuff like that."

"Oh." Jude considered. The website had always been his baby, he'd built it from scratch. But he knew she was right, no band member ran their own website. "Yeah, reckon so."

So they'd all spent a couple of hours exploring the new and improved website one evening, including looking at all the posters, which they hadn't really had a chance to examine before.

"God, Peaches, you look like walking talking sex in this," Tommy said, clicking on one of hers.

"Must I point out that I am in fact neither walking nor talking, as it is a piece of paper?" Momoko teased.

"Yeah, but you know what he means, Jesus," Sully said. "How is that dress even staying on?"

"Double sided tape," Momoko explained briefly. "Okay, that's enough ogling of me, I think. Besides, you guys have seen me completely starkers, what's the fascination?"

"It's what makes lingerie so sexy, you know that," Jude said. "The imagination is the most powerful aphrodisiac of all."

Dane just nodded.

"You guys aren't exactly dressed like schoolboys in your posters, either," Momoko noted drily, clicking on a poster of Tommy with his pants hanging almost indecently low, V-line and abs on display.

"Point taken, okay," Tommy said. "Let's look at some of the ones of all of us. Those are much more wholesome, aren't they?"

"This is my favorite," Momoko declared, enlarging one. In it, the guys all had their hands together, with Momoko sitting on them so they were carrying her. She was laughing hysterically because someone was tickling her thighs.

"That wasn't even supposed to be a photograph, she just took the snap because it was funny, remember?" Jude recalled. "God, what a bloody long day that was, but so much fun."

Momoko sniffed. "God, I love you guys," she said suddenly. "I really, really, love you guys, so tell me, please, what's wrong?"

She backed up to sit in the easy chair, curling her legs under her. "What? You've all been acting weird."

Dane took a deep breath. "When Hunter was here, he said that you were going to go away to law school and leave us."

Sullivan face palmed. "Dammit, Dane."

The other two just looked at him.

Momoko bit her lips together and looked around the room. "So? You guys knew that. I told you that the day I auditioned, remember?"