Chapter Four: The Princess of Tamashii Gakuen

--Ravenna--

The chatter down the halls annoyed me. Everywhere you turned, no one would stop talking. And to add insult to injury, they were talking about me. This idiotic gossip was what gave me headaches.

"There goes Ravenna Black-sama!"

"You mean the girl everyone voted the princess of Tamashii Gakuen? Ooh, I'm so jealous!"

"She's always so pretty!"

"I've heard that she's got a second-year boyfriend in high school."

The grip tightened on the handle of my violin case.Why couldn't those hormone-driven brats talk about something other than me? Like maybe their own lives? Just because I moved here from Minthré didn't mean that I adored the spotlight. I was hardly a princess as it was. I didn't need to be idolized. Give that sort of attention to someone that actually wanted it and leave me out of it. At least my locker was close to the door, otherwise I'd go insane.

Entering my combination, I opened the door to my locker and quickly put all my stuff away into my bag. If I took too long, I'd get swamped by fangirls. Swinging my bag over my shoulder, I closed the door to be met by none other Kouhai.
Tamashii Gakuen is a Raiman school that imitates the Shakyorese style, based off their traditional customs. One of them includes using honorifics like -san. Due to my clearly unwanted position, I usually ended up stuck with -senpai, -sama or the ever so stupid -hime. Even in Shakyorese style I'm still a princess. Can you sense my dread?)

A short girl looked at me, a big smile on her face "Ravenna-senpai, your clothes are so beautiful today! I wish I had a fashion sense like you."

I raised an eyebrow. "We're all wearing the same outfit. We're required to wear the school uniform."

The girl's face flushed and another one stepped up, bouncing on her heels. "What Noelle-chan was trying to say was that you're so pretty no matter what you decide to wear, Ravenna-sama."

I tried to shove past them. "Not really. Can you guys get out of the way? Some of us have to be places."

"O-of course, R-Ravenna-hime." The three girls parted like the Red Sea, and as soon as I had completely left the premicise, I let out a sigh of relief. Finally I was away from those idiots. I began to walk until I was able to see the limousine that had been waiting for me. I hopped in and locked the door just in case any of those girls got any ideas.

"Good evening, Lady Ravenna. You have a meeting today with your father--"

"I refuse to go." I said haughtily. "The only thing that he wants me around for is to show off like I'm a trophy. Just take me to the garden instead, James."

James was the family chauffeur. He never showed any emotion--like me--except for when he was happy for some reason. In my horrible, 'perfect' life, James was the only one that I could ever trust. Some might even say he was my friend.

"Lady Ravenna, you've skipped every meeting that your father has called you for in the last three months. Even though he may not show it, I can imagine that your father has been growing quite impatient. Oh, how cross he will be with you..." James warned me. "I strongly advise that you do not, how do you say, blow this one off."

"I don't care." I mumbled, slouching in a depressed manner, "I hate this world. I hate everything in it. Nothing matters except for my flowers."

"Well, you cannot hate everything." James tried to reason with me. "If you hated everything, then you would hate yourself, Lady Ravenna."

I rested my chin on my fist and stared out the window as James put the limousine into drive, "Of course I hate myself." I said. "I hate who I am. I'm adored by girls whose names I don't even know and I'm nothing but an item to show off for my parents. The time I can only remotely be myself is when I'm gardening. You know that better than anyone, James."