Chapter Eight: Suiting Up

--Seira--

Alright, I know. You were probably suspecting Mia, but we decided it would probably be best if we used me for this part. Anyways, on with the story!

It was about an hour after Mandy gave us all our... suits? Costumes? Superhero outfits of amazingness (That was Seth's little name for them)? I don't know what to call them.

Mandy was letting us get used to the feel of the suits—we're going with suits—by walking around in them and overall, just training in them.

The suits were a bit boring in appearance, as they were just black with accents in everyone's respective colors. However, seeing everyone's weapons was cool. They all looked amazing, and I could see why Mandy was pleased with her work.

Eli had a sword that looked similar to mine, it's handle was black and the blade was a light yellow color that seemed to glow. It's wasn't straight like mine was though, it was curved at the end, but that just added to the style. All the weapons were different, like the people that wielded them.

Mia had a bow that was definitely different from all the other weapons. It was a silver in color and the arrows were the same silver, but the arrowheads were her orange color, which added to the coolness.

Ravenna got a fan, which Mandy had somehow made into a weapon. But she said it didn't matter how they looked, as long as they had some special ingredient in them they would hurt mutants. To be honest, the black on it looked awesome in combination with the purple. It made me wonder how Mandy made stuff like this.

Blake's weapon was a battle-axe, and it had the same color code as everyone's, except Mia of course. The dark red somehow looked just as good with black as the purple did. Somehow Mandy made every color look good with black. Or maybe it's just how colors are. Maybe it's a rule, all colors MUST go good with black.

Seth, to match his wild and insane personality got--

"A stick?" He asked. "Why do I have a stick, Mandy?"

"For one, it's not a stick, it's a staff." Mandy corrected him. "And secondly, you know that they're one of the best weapons to use for gymnastics? Here, try to do a flip."

Seth shrugged and stuck the staff into the ground, surging forward and doing a complicated triple flip or something along those lines. I felt my jaw drop. It was still amazing to watch him do this.

"Wow!" He exclaimed. "That's so cool!"

"I know, right?" Mandy asked. "Now, we're going to do a quick test run of the weapons."

"How?" I asked. "Do you have some sort of a mutant digital program-thing that will help us? Is that what we're going to do?"

"Yes and no." Mandy said. "I have created a program like that, but I won't be using it until you've further honed your skills. Today we'll just be sparring."

"Sparring?" Seth chimed. "What does that mean?"

"It means practice fighting." Ravenna shot, crossing her arms.

"Yep!" Mandy said. "I'll be pitting you against one another in spar battles to see your weaknesses. We can improve upon them later and then really get down to business."

"I thought we were already doing that." Eli muttered under his breath.

Blake smirked. "What exactly do you mean by business, because if it involves punching things, I'm in!"

Ravenna sighed. "Boys..."

"Now!" Mandy announced, "The sparring will go as follows: Mia and Seth, Ravenna and Blake, and Seira and Eli. Sound good?"