Chapter Seven: Team Animalia's Begining

--Seira--

The next week had been simple, Mandy had us all go through several layers of training courses designed to fit our animal and their abilities as a species.

To be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although, first, she had us all take an one-hundred and twenty-five question test about the animal we had some DNA from on some tablet-like thing that Mandy had made herself. But, sadly for Seth, it only had what he had called "lame science stuff."

The only bad thing about the test, though, was that none of us did very well, meaning that we all had to sit through many, many lessons on all six of our animals. Although, I actually learned a few cool facts about arctic foxes as well as my new friends' animals.

Apparently, arctic foxes aren't always white, which actually surprised me. In the summer, they turn brown. I also discovered that they have incredible hearing that helps them locate their prey under all the snow. Through, I only remember that because Mandy forced us to take notes on all of our different animals.

Anyways, now we were just finishing up the training courses. To go along with my newly found amazing hearing, Mandy had set up a game alike that one where someone would hide something under a cup and you had to guess which cup the item was in, except for this time she had me listen to a sound and then press three buttons with almost identical sounds. I had to find the one that matched the first one.

At first, it was hard. I was still getting used to my animal instincts and abilities and it was hard to concentrate with all the other sounds I was now picking up. But now, I could easily tell the first sound.

Since arctic foxes can survive temperatures of minus fifty degrees celsius, Mandy had also made this freezer and just let me do things in there for a couple hours.

I had just finished all of that and decided to go see what Mia was doing, as she was the closest one to me. She was in a large enough 'room' sort of thing. It didn't have actual walls but metal poles standing up with more metal poles connecting them together and blankets. More metal poles had been set up inside, connecting, and cardboard had been set on top, making the room dark.

Mandy was sitting in the center of the gym, where the training was going on. Seeing that I probably shouldn't disturb Mia, I walked over to Mandy, who was taking down more notes in her yellow notepad. "Hey, Mandy." I greeted her as I walked close.

Mandy looked up, bright pink hair bouncing and green eyes widened in surprise. "Seira! You surprised me!" she said, folding her notepad shut and laying her pencil down on top of it. I smiled but Mandy went on before I could say anything. "You've finished?" she asked.

I gave a nod, frowning when my hair fell in my eyes. "Got the sound thing right a couple times, figured that was all I needed to do." Mandy nodded as I brushed the hair away. "Yeah, that should be fine. Everyone's finishing up then I have something for all of you."

For a moment, I wondered what she could possibly have in plan now, but Seth came skipping over, interrupting my thoughts. "I'm done!" he announced, a smile on his face.

Mandy nodded. "Alright. And you managed to locate everything?" Seth gave a nod and Mandy opened her notepad again, scribbling something down quickly. "You two can sit down," she said, gesturing to the other open seats at the table. "I'll still be watching the others, but they'll probably be finished soon."