The Empty Child

Robyn sits colouring as her dad finds some space junk to use

Robyn sits colouring as her dad finds some space junk to use. "Hey Sweetheart. How about we go to London 1940's?" her Father asks spinning his chair round to look at her. Robyn grins and nods getting up and sitting on his lap. Jack chuckles and kisses her forehead "Go get dressed then. Remember 40's." he tells her. Robyn giggles and runs over to her clothes and picks out a dress.

Once dressed she runs over to her dad who picks her up "Don't you look adorable

Once dressed she runs over to her dad who picks her up "Don't you look adorable." he smiles. Robyn smiles and settles in his lap as he parks their ship. "Now I need you to remember that we've parked next to Big Ben." Jack tells his daughter. Robyn nods and lets her dad stand up with her in his arms. "Now I'm going to sort out our identities. You need to stay here with Computer, okay?" Nodding Robyn sits down and carries on colouring as her dad goes to sort out their identities.

A few hours later Jack arrives back on the ship "Hey Sweetheart. All sorted but we're about to have a visitor. Go sit in my chair." he tells Robyn kissing her head. Robyn nods and climbs into his seat and he presses some buttons on the console, catching a blonde lady in the air with a blue beam. "Okay, okay, I've got you." he tells the lady over the intercom. "Who's got me? Who's got me, and you know... how?" the lady asks confused. "I'm just programming your descent pattern. Keep as still as you can and keep your hands and feet inside the light field." Jack tells her. "Descent pattern?" she asks.

Robyn taps her dad and makes a phone gesture with her hand. "Oh, and could you switch off your cellphone?" her dad asks the lady who makes a disbelieving noise. "No, seriously, it interferes with my instrument." Jack tells her. "You know, no-one ever believes that." She responds as she turns her phone off. "Thank you. That's much better." Jack responds. "Oh, yeah, that's a real load off, that is. I'm hanging in the sky in the middle of a German air raid with the Union Jack across my chest, but hey! My mobile phone's off!" The lady tells him slightly hysterical. Jack laughs "Be with you in a moment."

"The mobile communication device indicates non-contemporaneous life form." The computer tells Jack and Robyn. "She's not from around here, no." Jack comments ruffling Robyn's hair. Robyn giggles and playfully hits her dad's hand away. "Ready for you. Hold tight!" Jack tells the blonde. "To what?!" she asks. "Fair point." Jack comments. The blonde zooms feet first down the tunnel of blue light, screaming. The next second she's in the ship caught by Jack. "I've got you!" he tells her as she coughs. "You're fine, you're just fine. The tractor beam, it can scramble your head just a little." he explains.