Off on the wrong Boot

Notes: Yes, Petra is in this story, no reason to panic there is no love interest between Levi and her. :)

-----------------------------------

Author P.O.V.

Arriving at Erwin's office and sitting on the chair across his desk, Levi asked, "What do you want to talk about?"

Erwin stared at him, and Levi already knew where this was going, "Mikasa Ackerman is one of the new recruits of the Survey Corps..."

"Tsc- the moody brat from the courtroom, right?"

"Yes. Eren's adoptive sister..."

Surprised by the unknown fact to him, he thought, Adoptive sister?

"She was top of her class; her skills and strength can be compared to 100 soldiers combined."

This sounds like bullshit, he thought, "So where are you going with this?"

Erwin sighed knowing that Levi was clearly annoyed at the topic.

"I heard about the interaction you two had the day of Eren's trial, it's evident the animosity between the two of you."

Clearly impatient, Levi said, "Again, where are you going with this?"

"Levi, she might not be in your squad yet-"

Shouting, with an incredulous look on his face, Levi cut him short, "Yet?!"

"Yes. Yet. She has the skill to be on the elite team, she would be a valuable addition in a near future."

"You can't be serious, that brat hates me, she would never follow my orders!"

"That is why I said 'Yet' I want you to work on fixing any animosity that exists between the two of you, whether you like it or not, she is a valuable asset against Titans, her skill and level, with training, can easily be compared to yours."

You gotta be fucking kidding me, Levi thought.

"About following orders", Erwin continued," she knew what she was getting into when she signed for the Survey Corps, orders are the base of everything, you will substitute her superior every once and a while to see how it goes."

"Interacting with that brat is going to be a pain in the ass."

"Don't underestimate the satisfaction of knowing that someone hates your guts but can't act on it because you are their superior. In the end, whether she likes it or not, she'll have to follow your orders. There lies the true test of objectivism, you don't need soldiers who act at every whim or emotion they feel at the moment. If she doesn't know how to be objective then, is YOUR job to show it to her."

Annoyed at the conversation and wanting to end it Levi asked, "Is that all?"

"One last thing... I need to make this perfectly clear..." he stared at Levi and with a serious tone he continued, "NO, you cannot kill her"- Erwin said.

Levi grunted in protest of his last words and left the office.

-----------------

The morning sun rays crept into her face through the window, waking her up. She stretched and sat on the side of the bed staring at the floor with sleepy eyes, it should be illegal to wake up this early, she thought. She groaned and stood up to get ready for the day when someone knocked at her door...

"Mikasa? Are you there?", at the sound of Eren's voice she ran to flew open the door and almost tackling him with a hug.

"Eren!! What are you doing here?!"- she asked, they have not seen each other since the trial.