Unraveling

Warning: some of the following events can trigger undesired emotions for victims of abuse or unhealthy relationships.

We dig a little deeper into the relationship of Eren and Mikasa, what seems to be a good friendship, in reality, is a very unhealthy one with strong emotionally destructive codependence. 

Also, the Female Titan expedition happens but the events are a little different from the anime. :) 

----------------------------------------

Author P.O.V.

On the afternoon of the day before the expedition, Ymir arrived at the mess hall to have lunch with an old friend that she invited as a guest to the Survey Corps base. As they walked in, she met with the whole gang eating on the same table as usual...

Reaching the table, "Hey, guys! Look who's here!"- Ymir said

"Annie!"- everyone shouted

"She told me she wanted to come to visit so I brought her in"- Ymir explained

Teasing Mikasa, Annie said, "Oi! Mikasa are you ready to get your ass kicked?!"

Annoyed, she responded, "Says the one that ran to the Military Police branch because she was too scared of Titans"

"Ooooh!", everyone exclaimed as they started to place their bets

Clearly annoyed by it, Mikasa shouted at them, "Stop the bets I will not fight prior to an expedition", making everyone groan in protest. Then, she stared at Eren giving him a warning look triggering a past memory to pop up in his mind...

-----Flashback-----

Back when they were just trainees:

Mikasa grabbed Eren from the back of his shirt and threw him to the middle of the training grounds.

"What is your problem!?"- Eren shouted angrily

"I don't like her!"

Giving her an incredulous look he said, "Annie? Is this because she seems to like me?"

"Not only because of that, but I also don't trust her, and on top of it she beat your ass in hand to hand combat."

"Well, she is strong, she's been the only one that has been able to even beat you."

"Her fighting style is different, I had never seen anything like it but, after watching her fight many times in training, I can read her moves like second nature."

"Where are you going with this?"

"Since I've figured out mostly all of her moves, she hasn't been able to even stand close to me in combat skills."

"Are you saying that you will beat the shit out of her if I take her out on a date?"

"Probably, but most importantly, since I don't trust her, I will train you so you can beat the shit out of her if she tries to harm you."

"Look- "- Eren started protesting when Mikasa cut him short

"This is non-negotiable; besides, it will help your skillset, which puts you in a better position to be accepted in the Survey Corps."

Defeated, Eren sighed, "Alright, when do we start?"

---End Of Flashback---

Annie looked at Levi approaching a cadet that was on dish wash duty, and said, "So, that is the famous Levi? He doesn't look that bad, he seems nice and-" she was cut short by a loud sound of metal plates falling to the ground.