Unexpected

Levi P.O.V.

"Today we are going to practice Hand-to-Hand combat. We haven't done this in a while since is useless against Titans, but, now that we have the possibility of shifters hiding around us, we need to prepare. I know you have practiced this before so I will just pair you based on your abilities."

I started naming the pairs and realized that Armin Arlert wasn't around, "Yeager! Where is Arlert?!"

"He is with Erwin, he called him to his office to review the plan for our next expedition."

"Alright then, that changes the pairing, Blouse pair with Springer, Yeager go with Kristein, and I will pair with Ackerman."

At my last pairing announcement, I noticed that Yeager's posture stiffen.

"Do you have a problem with the pairings cadet?", I asked him.

"I can pair with Mikasa, we've been fighting together for a long time. I know how to fight against her.", he argued.

"As I said, I am pairing based on abilities, what makes you think you could fight against her when, even in your Titan form, she would totally kick your ass? She needs someone that can actually challenge her, not someone who will hold her back. Last time I checked, the only one who can kick her ass is me."

Clearly annoyed but out of arguments he went back into position.

I continued explaining, "First, I want to see you fight, then I will go against Ackerman. Start!"

As they started fighting I noticed that Connie Springer was clearly overpowering, Sasha Blouse. To make it a fairer fight I said, "Blouse! I heard that Springer was planning on stealing your bread at lunch!". Instantly she barged at him, throwing him on the floor while screaming, "Over my dead body!".

Good.

Kristein and Yeager were fairly balanced but to make it more interesting I said, "Kristein! I heard you planned on asking his SISTER out today!" Yeager jumped at him, punched him, but Kristein managed to defend himself kicking him on the ribs.

Not bad.

"Ackerman! Let's start!"

We stood in position and she started throwing punches, I was dodging and moving around to test her. She tried a couple of kicks but I dodge them. She was pretty fast, but there was still room for improvement. She threw a kick and I grabbed her leg, she turned to go for an elbow hit to my face and almost got me. In the end, I dropped her to the floor and pinned her down. With my hands holding down each of her wrists with her elbows slightly bent over her head.

Suddenly Sasha yelled, "Mika! Do my move!"

Confused, I slightly softened my grip against her wrists and she was able to move her arms to the sides and straightened them, with my hands still holding her wrists, her movement pulled me closer to her face.

What the fuck is going on?

She then started to get her face close to mine...

Is she going to kiss me!?

Confused at the move I pulled back a little and she took advantage of it. She released a leg, throwing me out of balance and rolling our bodies. She ended up on top of me smirking at my, still confused, face. Then she pulled closer to my ear and whispered "Humanity Strongest? More like Humanity Shortest."

Scheming little bitch.

Eren walked to stand right next to us and said, "So, you were saying Captain?"