Venice 💓

You head up to your room and look at plane tickets. Fuck it. You wanted to go somewhere and you click buy on two tickets for Venice tomorrow.
***
Your lead in bed, with the lights off and Alexa was playing rain noises quietly in the background to try and help you get to sleep, when your phone pings. You reach for it and see that Maddie had text.
M: OMG just seen your tweet WTF!!!!!
Y/n: yeah you know I don't want to be mad at him
M: yeah but what happens if you get close to him again?
Y/n: I'm not going to let myself get close to him
M: you cant always control that emotion
Y/n: I promise I will... or at least try
M: right answer me this. Do you find him attractive?
Y/n: you know I do
M: right. And did you ever love him
Y/n: Mads. He was my best friend and then my boyfriend
M: you didn't answer my question
Y/n: ok fine then yeah I did
M: you did love him or you still do
Y/n: Mads babe even if I loved him with every fragment of my being, I cant put myself through that amount of pain again. Yeah it hurt when Corbyn told me Daniel wanted me to fuck off but Josh was my best friend, I never loved Daniel but Josh is... different
M: so... you gonna get back with him?
Y/n: absolutely not
M: ok well I don't believe you and if you do get back together just be careful but remember I will always be there for you
Y/n: well I'm going away tomorrow, to Venice
M: shit. By yourself?
Y/n: I have two tickets
M: can I come?
Y/n: Josh asked me tonight if I ever went anywhere he would come
M: BITCH I CALLED THIS I KNEW YOU TWO WOULD GET BACK TOGETHER
Y/n: we are going as friends... well actually I havent asked him to come with me yet
M: go and ask him now you bum
Y/n: ok someone's just come through door – talk later
M: ok keep me updated
You get out of bed and head downstairs to see who's home. You stand at the bottom of the stairs and see all the boys staggering in, drunk. Blake was shouting out some song lyrics and Mads was trapped under Jaden's arm. Bryce wasn't there, obviously he had gone back to Addison's house and Noah was no where to be seen so maybe he was with Dixie. You could see Josh with the boys, but he was quiet which was unlike him. You couldn't tell if he was drunk or not but it confused you why he wasn't being rowdy with the boys. You stare at them with an empty feeling inside. You see Josh look up and catch your eye. He doesn't take his eye off you as he walks away from the boys and towards you. You feel your body tightening up as he gets closer.
JR: I didn't think you'd still be up
Y/n: I wanted to ask you something
JR: shoot
Y/n: I'm going away tomorrow. I booked a flight
JR: where
Y/n: Venice
JR: (Josh's eyes went sad, but only momentarily) Oh... right
Y/n: I actually bought two tickets and I was wondering if you would want to come with me
You watch as Josh's eyes started to light up and the corners of his mouth started to turn up. Without you even realising what was going on he picked you up into a fireman's lift and started to carry you upstairs. You started kicking and screaming for him to let you down but he carried you all the way up to his room, before throwing you down on his bed.
JR: so when do we leave?
Y/n: we have to leave for the airport in an hour
JR: Fuck. You better get packing
Y/n: yeah I've already packed
JR: y/nnnnnnn (Josh says in a whinny voice) you always pack for me
Y/n: (you get up off the bed and walk towards his closet) Josh hun you are actually useless (you turn back around and see Josh just lead on his bed watching you pack
***
You head downstairs with Josh carrying the suitcases. You had your handbag and a cute fall coat. You can see Blake passed out on the sofa, Jaden and Mads were no where to be seen so obviously they had gone upstairs. You leave a note on the kitchen table saying, "gone to Venice – be back when I feel better". The taxi was outside which would take you to the airport.
*** on plane ***
You look out the window and see the plane flying through the candyfloss clouds and how tiny everything looked under you. You turn to look next to you and see Josh sleeping. You lent over and rest your head on Josh's shoulder. You snuggle into him and feel his warmth radiate through his top. You could hear his heart beating peacefully under you.
*** Josh's POV ***
There was a baby crying a few seats away and it was impossible to sleep. I still shut my eyes trying to sleep – it was just so hard looking at Y/n and knowing that she wasn't mine anymore. My eyes were shut and I was dreaming about the adventures we were about to have in Venice when all of a sudden Y/n but her head on my shoulder and nuzzled into me. I open my eyes and see her peacefully sleeping on me and it brought back all the memories of when I held her as my girlfriend. I put my arm around her which just made her snuggle in closer. My heart started racing because I knew I couldn't mess this up again.
*** Y/n's POV***
Josh shook me slightly to wake me up as we would be landing soon. As I woke I hadn't realised how wrapped in Josh's embrace you were. You open your eyes but decide to stay where you are. You pull out your phone and see that Josh had posted a picture on his Instagram feed, with the caption "can you guess where we are flying too".

Everyone was commenting "OMG are they back together" "can she take him back after what he did" "do think they are just shagging" "he is punching tho"

Everyone was commenting "OMG are they back together" "can she take him back after what he did" "do think they are just shagging" "he is punching tho". The comments made you chuckle a bit and you reposted his post on your story and wrote "I know 😊".
The plane landed and you and Josh got off and got in the taxi which was waiting for you. You get in which was taking you to your hotel which you had booked. The hotel was rustic and traditional. It looked like something a king would stay in.

When you and Josh walked into the room Josh turned to you

JR: you booked a double bed...
Y/n: get over yourself 
You rolled your eyes and took your suitcase over to the wardrobe. You put it down and sit on the edge of the bed. Josh comes and sits next to you. He places his hand on top of yours. He turned to look at you.
JR: shall we go out and get food?
Y/n: Yeah sure. Let me just shower and get changed (you smile softly and head into the bathroom)
You shower and get changed into this, and Josh wore this.

 Let me just shower and get changed (you smile softly and head into the bathroom)You shower and get changed into this, and Josh wore this

You head out to dinner, a cute little tapas bar

You head out to dinner, a cute little tapas bar. As all of your food is laid out you look at Josh, and in that moment you know that Maddie was right. Maybe, just maybe, you did still like Josh.