Chapter Two: Fearing Oneself

Izuku walked into class the day after he had visited the doctor. He felt so happy and relieved that he finally had a quirk, and one that's powerful, if he could figure out how to get a quirk to use. He walks into the class, with none of the students paying him mind, only Bakugo eying him aggressively, though the students assume this is normal, as Bakugo does this to everyone.

"Students!" The head teacher announces. "We have a special surprise...." she looks to Izuku, and beckons him towards her. Being the nervous wreck he usually is when faced with large crowds, he stumbled forward and looked down shyly. "Yesterday, Izuku Midorya has finally gotten his quirk!" Izuku looked up a bit and scratched his head to distract him from this feeling of shyness, but it was all to apparent.

A few students actually applauded, some out of pity, and others, genuine happiness, considering Izuku became a hero in they're own eyes, mainly from him saving them from Bakugo's antics. The teacher smiles and looks to Izuku. "Go on, sweetie...tell us your quirk!" She smiles. "I'm dying to hear it!"

Izuku gulps. He knew the day was coming for this, and it strained his mind. It could end badly or it could be adverage. He never banked in on a good response, however. His quirk sounded like a villains almost, so if he hopes for a perfect ending he'd be disappointed.

"M-my quirk is...." he stops himself and looks around before breathing in her again. "I can...take other peoples quirks, use them, and pass them on..." he looks down shyly.

The class gasped. Some backed away in fear, including the teacher, while others stood they're ground and scoffed. "He's clearly lying...." one kid said. "No such thing! It's bull!"

Bakugo let off a small explosion at the back of the class and looked at them. "You have a death wish saying it's a lie?" He says. "It's not. Period." He says. "Yesterday.....I was...."playing" with a student..." he says, clearing implying something so that Izuku doesn't seem any more evil than he sounds like. "....when Deku stopped that....I do my usual thing....but then....I stop....I can't use my quirk like I did...then...wham. It was back after I asked Deku for it..." he says. He was clearly not in the mood to call Izuku a monster, considering that many villains started like that. Normal kids until they're were shunned by society. He sighs. He wasn't sure his quirk would get him to a school, but he sure as hell wasnt gonna let that damned Deku take all the fun.

The class stood awestruck. "So...you know how to control it....yes?" The teacher asks worridly

"Of course..." Izuku said shyly. "I heard a voice in my head...telling me to do this and that...and it just felt natural..." he says.

The teacher was somewhat confused by the voice part, but shrugs it as advice from a parental figure. "Well." She relaxes "I think your quirk...despite what it sounds like...can be amazing...just...imagine all the people you could save, eh?" She smiles.

"Yeah...from having a life..." a bully says. For once, Bakugo defends Izuku for once. "What the hell was that?!" He says aggressively. "You know that villains are born of hatred, right? Do you really wanna provoke a man who could take your powers and use it against you?" The bully froze and shakes his head. "N-no....I-" "THEN SHUT YOUR TRAP!" Bakugo yells and folds his arms. He looks to Izuku and then sighs. He had the "you owe me one" face.

But then, for once, a thought occurred to Izuku as the teacher goes on about quirks and such. Wait.....does that mean....where would I get my quirks...? He thinks. It stresses him out actually, more than anything. Of course, villains are a route, but what sort of villains? Small time or major villains? It was a bit much for him to grasp or comprehend given he was only a small and young child. Then the thought of quirks being an individuals identity occurred to him. What if he took not only they're quirks, but they're identity as well? It made him panic for a moment, which was all apparent on his face. The teacher looked at Izuku worriedly and tapped his shoulder. "Sweetie....you....okay?" She asks.

Izuku looks around him and then towards the teacher. "Y-yes....I just....need to think about stuff..." he says. With a reassuring pat towards the teacher, he smiles shyly again and wanders to his desk, worridly tapping on it. My quirk....is it....a curse...? He thinks to himself. Will....I be a villain....? His heart sank at that thought. He might be shunned by society because his quirk can be viewed as being a villains. It put him on edge, and made him panic more.

Then....that familiar voice returned to him, one he had heard yesterday. "....young Izuku..." it said. "Please...calm down. Your stressing over something insignificant...."

Izuku slightly jumped, and spoke out to the voice in his thoughts. Who.....who is that...? He says, and looks around the room.

"Who I am is not of your concern yet..." the voice calls. "What I can do for you...may ease your mind..." it said. "But....I'm very weak..." the voice calls out again, before some coughing can be heard. "...although....you may feel alone...and feel as though your destined to be a villain....please.....think about what you've always wanted to be....and....use that to prove society wrong."

But....how can a kid with a quirk to take away quirks...no....identities....be a hero...? Izuku looked down in defeat.

"It's simple..." the voice says, with a calm reassuring tone. "You can save lives by taking others quirks....taking away the quirks of those who seek destruction and pain....will surely save the world..." the voice calls. "I tried so many years ago to do what I thought was right...only to be stopped by society...but please. Use your gift to show the world that no matter what, everyone can be equal..." it says

Izuku nods a bit. I understand....but....I can reassure you...I'll hate it....whenever I take quirks... he sighs.

"I know....it's in your nature, Izuku..." it says.

How do you know my name, mr. Voice? Deku asks in his head.

"That is another detail that will be revealed in due time...for now, please relax. You'll need to keep your nerves in check for the future..." it says "I'll guide you whenever possible."

Okay.... Izuku nods. He smiles a bit, before sighing. Class had just been completed after a few hours, and Izuku sighs as he was driven home by his mom. Worridly, his mom asks, "Izuku...are you okay..? It looks like you've been stressing out..." she says.

"Yeah mommy...." he smiles, though he looked a bit tired. "Just thinking about stuff and my future..." he says.

Inko nods and parks they're car, getting Izuku out and taking them inside. For the rest of the day, Izuku thought hard on what hero he could be. He thinks maybe he could take that advice the voice gave him and take the quirks of villains who threaten others, at least temporarily....yeah. He smiles, and lays in bed that night, slowly drifting off to sleep.