Chapter 5: A Boy's Training

"You want me to do WHAT?!" Izuku yelled, sitting still on the beach as the sun began to rise up from the clouds, coloring the beach in an orange hue. It would have been perfect if there wasn't trash piles littered everywhere, that towered over even AllMight.

"What? You think that this training would be too difficult with a quirk like yours? Or simply thereof, the quirk that's you currently have in your arsenal?" AllMight says, proudly looking down at the boy.

"Well....I mean, sludge could help a lot..." he scratched his head. "But...I really don't have a clue on how to control it....nor do I really have any ideas on how to, you know, learn..." he sighs.

AllMight stares at the young boy. "Hmm...." he thinks. For a brief moment, he looked like he didn't have any ideas...until one came to mind. "How about you visualize yourself picking up that paper cup on the ground?" He says.

Izuku nods, and slowly begins walking forward before AllMight pushes him gently away. "No no no, young man! Visualize it!" He says "reach your hand out and close your eyes...and visualize that your hand is grabbing the cup!"

Izuku looked up, and nods. "Maybe....it's possible....could take a few tries but..." he closes his eyes, and slowly lets his hand out, trying to visualize picking the cup up from the distance that was between the two.

A few minutes go by and AllMight smiles more. "Young man, open your eyes." He says, and nothing more.

Izuku slowly opens his eyes, and sees his hand had turned into slime and was outstretched towards the cup. "H-holy....c-crap!" He says "I...I'm doing it! I'm actually doing it!" He smiles.

AllMight smiles. "I'm glad your puffing that quirk to some good use!" He says "that villain didn't know what he had when he got his quirk..." he sighs "just think of the applications that he could have used it for..." he sighs.

Izuku nods "I...I know...I still feel bad I took it...he could have reformed for all we know...and whenever I took his quirk, I felt like I was taking a piece of him..." he sighs sadly, and placed the cup in a trash can.

AllMight sighs. But smiles a bit. The kids got a conscious unlike All for One... he smiles. He pats Midorya on the back. "Don't worry..." he says. "I'll be there to guide you when you feel lost...know that the villain you took from had no intention on reforming...trust me. He's been hunted down for months." He says.

Izuku nods. "Okay....I know I can trust you." He smiles. "I'll make sure that you can help..." he smiles.

"That's my boy!" He smiles and thumbs him up. "Keep up this work, and you'll be using that quirk like a pro in no time!" He reassures Izuku.

Izuku nods and smiles. "I know I will! I promise!" He closes his eyes, and continues to imagine picking up the trash he sees. Slowly, after a few hours, he could open his eyes and trigger his quirk at will. "A-AllMight! I....I don't have to imagine myself doing this anymore!"

AllMight was a bit shocked. "Holy smokes...kid, I never seen someone learn such a quirk so quickly..." he smiles. "You have a lot to learn, but your going over this so quickly...amazing." He smiles. "Keep it up!"

Izuku spent the rest of the day, cleaning up more and more trash, before the section they were at was cleared. "Wow..." he sits down. "I...did a lot...huh?" He smiles.

AllMight nods. "Of course you did! And it was all on your own!" He thumbs him up again, as he usually does. "I'm proud of you!" He sits on the beach. "Tommorrow, I know it'll sound crazy, but...I want you to clean more without your quirk, then alternate between with and without quirk each day that passes...understand?"

Izuku froze. "W-without my quirk?" He says.

"Yes! You have to train not only your quirk, but your body, yeah?" He says. "You don't wanna look like a sad child, now, do you?" He asks him.

Izuku nods, though a bit sadly. "Yeah...just...never thought I'd be working like that...b-but I won't back down!" He smiles brightly. "I've always admired heroes...and now my number one favorite offers me the chance to be one? Even under the...uh...current circumstances?" He says "that tells me that I should take this chance!"

AllMight laughs. "Right you are, young man!" He smiles. "I'm sure your willing to go that extra mile..." he suddenly procured a packet with the words Izukus Training Guide in large bold letters. "Young man...this is going to be a very strict rule set and schedule to follow...you up for this task?" He says.

Izuku slowly took the packet. "W-woah..." he says, skimming the text and packet over. "It's like you've got my whole life and time planned..." he smiles. "I can manage, yeah!" He says "it doesn't look to hard...maybe I could do even more than-"

AllMight looks him in the eye for a moment. "Don't under any circumstances do more than whats in this, young man." He says. "This thing plans your entire day to not overwork you...if you try to do more, you'll overwork yourself. Please don't try to impress me that much, since you've already impressed me enough." He smiles. "But I know that you want this..and you will get this if you follow my guide, I assure you." He says. He pats his back and gets up. "I think you should head home....as should i." He smiles. "It's getting late.." he says and gets Izuku to his feet. "Best of luck!" He calls out, walking off with a wave.

Izuku waves back and gets up, and slowly makes his way back home. With his usual life at home being unchanged, he sits in bed, slowly drifting off to sleep.
———————————————————————
5 months later
Toshinori opened his car door and closed it early morning, walking to the beach, expecting Izuku to come after a few minutes....but he didn't wait to long. He froze as he stared at the pile of trash before him, with Izuku looking properly built and yelling at the top.

"Oh my....gosh..." he says "the kid...did it...I told him not to overwork himself but...." he quickly looked up and saw Izuku falling. He buffed up to his hero form and grabbed him. "Young man..." he smiles. "You didn't even leave a speck of trash on the beach...and with 4 months to spare..." he smiles. "Your more than ready to be a hero, eh, young Midorya?" He laughs, and gently places Midorya on a bench. He looks around, debuffing to his normal form, and sitting beside him.

"I.....d-did it...." Izuku smiles tiredly "I....did it, AllMight..." he smiles more and tears up. "I wanted to work so much harder to prove to you...that I wanted to be a hero...more than anything.." he says. He coughs a bit, and drinks a bottled water from his bag.

Toshinori smiles. "Of course you did..." he says. "Look at you..." he takes out his phone. "This was you before...only 5 months have passed, and now you look fit to even take my mantle!" He laughs a bit before coughing. "...ugh....but still....I'm sorta happy and mad that you disobeyed my orders to not overwork yourself..."

Izuku sighs "sorry, sir...."

"No, no, it's alright....I mean, you've ended up being like this with a few months to spare." He smiles. "All you need to do now, is follow that guide. It'll make you a bit more toned and stronger, plus keep your body in shape until the exams." He smiles. "For now, be happy that you've pushed your limits..he smiles.

Izuku nods and smiles a bit, feeling some energy come back. "Got it..." he says. He stares at the sun rising. "Man...it's nice to finally see the sun..." he says.

"Well...I guess you must have pulled an all nighter." He says. "I would suggest some rest if it wasn't for the fact your too tired to sleep...suprisingly.." he laughs.

"Yeah...it's ironic." He laughs with him, and sighs. "So....guess this is where we part?"

Toshinori laughs "Not yet, young man!" He smiles. "I want to still be your personal trainer! Got a nice gym me and you can go to, so I make sure your doing your workout...plus, I don't think you've got equipment other than a single arm weight..."

Izuku nods. "Yeah...I wasn't into body building until we started this..." he says. "But, of course, I'm happy that I'll be training more with you! Your still me favorite hero!"

Toshinori nods and sits quietly for a moment. "...and you happen to be my favorite pupil..." he smiles. This kid....I'm sure he'd make a worthy successor...I'll ask...in a few months. He smiles.