Chapter 17: Questioning

UA Classes were postponed for the next few weeks after the attack and Izuku's kidnapping. Everyone was in a panic, especially Izukus closest friends, Ochaco and Iida, who saw the events unfold. Fortunately, for them, Izuku made it out in one piece...although he was a bit shook up from the whole thing.

The police and even AllMight himself took time out of their days to question Izuku and where he had disappeared off to. When asked for a location, Izuku truthfully said he did not know. When asked how he escaped, he said that he found a vent cover in his cell they held him in, and snuck out that way. He also said he ran so fast, he couldn't even have time to look back to see where he had ran away from, instead focusing on getting home. When asked for the names of the villains who abducted him, however, Izuku knew that most likely the police knew and were doing a truth test, which he answered that he heard the names Shigaraki and Kurogiri.

After questioning, AllMight personally walked in, but didn't question him. He already thinks he has all the information required. He just walks in, and deflates. He runs over to Izuku, and smiles "thank god your alive..." he says.

Izuku nods "y-yeah...it was a....weird and terrifying experience..." Izuku says, relaxing. "They took me to they're hideout and..."

"Ah, I know..." he says "the chief filled me in on the details...I'm just happy your still alive...did those thugs do anything to you?!"

"No..." Izuku says. "They just locked me in a room and seemed to plan something with me...unfortunately, for them...I had gotten a few quirks from...what did they call it...a Nomu..?"

Toshinori looked at Izuku "so that's what that thing was called...?" He says "when we came to help out when we heard the villains attacked, police found a rather large corpse a few miles away...was that...you that did that.?"

Izuku nods "I did, sir. It had quirks loaded into it...although I don't know what it had...the villains gloated it could kill you..." he says "is that..true?"

Toshinori sighs. "With my injury...yes. I can't last all that long...and although I can last a few hours without hurting myself...if I managed to face whatever they had planned for me...I would have been killed..." he says.

"That's the thing, though...killing you wasn't their plan. They kidnapped me intentionally." Izuku says. "I overheard them talk amongst themselves...and they seemed to know all about the USJ class for that day...and they thought you'd be there, so they had brung in a Nomu that could kill you or at the very least keep you busy, so they could capture me...."

"...the same day I was handling a drug operation..." he sighs "dammit...I'm just a failure, huh?"

"N-no your not!" Izuku says "your the number one hero! Of course you'd be busy! I don't fault you for that..."

"Well...I'm happy that your at least okay..so..." Toshinori folds his arms. "The villains intentions was to....capture you in particular?" He sighs. "I bet it's that group that splintered off after the fall of your...I mean, All for One.." he sighs.

Izuku thinks for a moment. "...I mean...possibly...but what would they want with me..?"

"I mean.." he looks towards Izuku. "It's obvious, isn't it? You are the son of they're leader, who possesses the same quirk as him...possibly they would have brainwashed you into thinking all heroes were pure evil that should be eradicated...and send you out to take they're quirks and use them to cause total detestation..." he shivers "I don't want to relive that nightmare all over again..." he says.

Izuku gulps. Even if his father was kind to him, when Toshinori spoke, it sounded so real. Toshinori would never lie about such an event, since it not only ended innocent lives, but injured him to the point of having a limit on his quirk.

Toshinori looks up to Izuku and smiles "kiddo...I suggest we keep you and your mother on the premises of UA...for now."

Izuku looked confused for a moment, before shaking his head. "W-what..? Why?"

"Well..." Toshinori sighs. "Most likely the villains will try to locate you again....and find your mother. They may possibly take her hostage so that you'll come to them...they'll then brainwash you and kill your mother, or worse, make you kill her, and then....all hell breaks loose.."

Izuku gulps. Of course he knows they wouldn't do that...right? I mean, they gave him a portal beacon, so they would rather him come of his own volition...but...if he denies Toshinori, it could lead to him being caught in his lies.

He sighs and nods "okay...just...at least make sure my mothers okay with it."

"Of course she is!" Toshinori says. "I came to her house with the paperwork, and she really does care about you. It took a while, but we reasoned with her to move house if, and I quote from her, "my baby boy is okay with it""

Izuku can't help but smile. His mother was always overprotective of him. He looks and nods to Toshinori. "Of course I'll accept it...for my mothers and my safety."

Toshinori nods. "And remember...if your out and about and those villains attempt to recapture you...you have full permission to either protect or escape them." Toshinori says. "Just present uh....this badge!" He pulls out an ID card with Izuku's face and name printed on it, along with several signatures on it.

Izuku takes the badge and smiles. "Wow..you must really trust me a lot..." he says, and shakes Toshinori's hand. "Thank you for everything!"

Toshinori shakes it back. "Well, of course I do. Your one of my star pupils. You faced such discrimination for your quirk...and yet you still held onto that dream of being a hero." Toshinori smiles "keep up that spunk, kiddo!"

Izuku nods more and gets up. "Thank you!" He says, but then looks at Toshinori with a questioning face. "Where will be me and mom staying at UA...?"

Toshinori looks at Izuku and smiles. "Well, seeing as we have the top quirk users, we all pitched in and started building up a dorm space for all students ...just in case we have any more issues with villains...you and your mother will be housed there."

Izuku smiles "then I should thank everyone for they're help!" Izuku says "are they still building up the dorms?!"

Toshinori thinks. "I left there about an hour ago, when they started...so....most likely yes." He says.

Izuku then gets up, and walks out the door. "Maybe I can use that new quirk from the Nomu..." he says

Toshinori gets up and rebuffs. "How about a race? Consider this training!" He smiles and laughs.

Izuku smiles and runs out the door, feeling his muscles toughen. Suddenly, he starts speeding almost as fast as AllMight.

AllMight was speeding beside Izuku. "Whoa! It seems they knew what they were doing...and you seem to be a pro at it already!"

Izuku smiles and runs ahead to UA, ready to thank the heroes and relax if the dorms are ready.