Chapter 2

KLARIKA'S P.O.V

"It's not that he's calling you right now though."  Sophie shocked me.

"Uhm what?"  I put down my phone.

"You've flipped that phone upside down for a million times, that's as many as I told you that he wouldn't call you now."  She added.

"No, I'm not waiting for his call.  I just like flipping it.  You know, like this."  I flipped it around.

"Nice."  She rolled her eyes.  "Come on, caffeine escape should be fun!"'

"Oh yeah sure it is.  I am having fun."  I sighed, put back my phone in my bag.  "What we're gonna do?"

"Take a look around.  Come here!  I saw a cool sweater over there!"

Sophie immediately pulled my hand here and there to the entire mall.  Yeah we were at Starbucks but then a cup of caffeine can't chill my mind.  I don't know what's going on but it's weird, I was waiting for Toby's call.  Hey it doesn't mean anything.  Maybe because he promised me he'll keep in touch, and in fact, he doesn't.  Maybe I got preoccupied with a normal promise that he wouldn't keep.

"Is this good?"  Sophie turned around me wearing the sweater she really wanted.

"Great.  It looks good on you."  I sit on the store couch and held her bag.

"That's the third time you said in 3 minutes."  She sighed.  "Seriously, which color is better?"

"I think...uhm...  Navy blue is cool."  I pointed to the sweater, this time's for real.

"Blue, huh."  Sophie took it.  "It fits on you too."

"No no no I'm not planning to shop."  I shook my head.

"Come on, it's just sweater.  It costs cheaper than usual.  Take something."  Sophie suggested.

"I'm not into it, Soph.  I just bought a sweater online a week ago."  I raised my shoulders.  "You take it."

"Really...  Well okay, I'll take this."  Sophie went up to the cashier.

In the mean time she's busy talking with the cashier, I took my phone.  This time I took a deep breath too, with so many hopes within.  Hopefully something would appear on the notification bar.  I checked.  Yes it was, but a Twitter notification.  But no Toby.

"Girl, let's go!"  Sophie shocked me.

"You're done?  Where we're going now?"  I took my whole stuff.

"I really crave for burgers.  Can we have one before we come home?"  She begged.

"Jeez, alright.  You and your food."  I rolled my eyes and followed her.

Around 15 minutes later, we're already in her car.  Sophie took me home first before herself.  But one interesting fact was, we're going across Toby's house because it's the closest to the mall than any of ours.  I can't deny to look around.  It was empty.  His room was dark, I guess.  His car wasn't there.  It should be that fun til he forgot to give me news, huh.  Oh, how selfish.  Who I am to be upset at him.

"Chill.  Don't stare at it too long.  It raises your hope."  Sophie murmured.

"What?'  I glanced at her.  "I'm not staring at it."

"Now.  But you were.  Come on Kla, what is it with you and his absence?"  Sophie started the interview.

"Nothing, really nothing.  I just wonder what he's doing, you know, with that cool life."  I chuckled.  Score one for my lie.

"Good answer."  She raised an eyebrow.  "Goooo live in denial..."

"What do you know about that."  I threw my phone inside my bag.

"Pretty much everything.  But I wouldn't tell you because you can't even understand yourself."  Sophie answered fast.

"Wow.  I wish I was a genius to understand what's that supposed to mean."  I sighed.  "Oh alright, we're here."

"Yeah, take care of yourself okay?  Say hi to Mommy."  Sophie kissed me goodbye.

"Bye bye, thank you Soph.  You too.  Until next escape."  I smirked.

"Without a space out."  She nodded.

"Ouch."  I laughed.  Fake laugh.

I don't know what the heck was going on with me but I wasn't in the mood at all to even talk to people except to stare at my phone all day all night.  I only said hi to Mom once, then made a way to my room to lock myself.  Maybe I should've not put my attention to Toby's life.  Since the thing I know, we're only friends.