Chapter 10

Coulson was dead. Willa was taken. Bruce and Thor were sent off the carrier. Natasha was waiting for Clint to come too. Steve and Tony were sitting at the table in silence while Fury watched them for a bit.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them." Nick says tossing the trading cards on the table.

Steve looked at the cards covered in blood and picked one of them up.

"We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, the location of the cube, Banner, Thor, Willa.... I got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming." Nick says.

Steve looked at the card alittle more and then threw it down. Tony however was barely paying any attention.

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the tesseract. We were also planning to build a device that could control Willa's powers. It was suppose to help her not hurt her or make her feel like a test. Though I never put all my chips on those numbers because I was playing something even riskier." Nick says.

He stopped for a moment and focused on Tony.

"There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring a group together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heroes.

Tony had enough of this so he got up and left the room. On the ground Thor was looking for his hammer and when he found it he was gonna pick it up and then he stopped himself.

A while away there was a broken building, a man, and an undressed Bruce Banner.

"Did I hurt anybody?" Bruce asks.

"There's nobody around here to get hurt. You did scare the hell out of some pigeons, though." The man says.

"Lucky." Bruce says.

"Or good aim. You were awake when you fell." The man says.

"You saw?" Bruce questions.

"The whole thing. Right through the ceiling. Big and green and buck-ass nude." The man says and then tosses Bruce some clothes.

"Here. Didnt think those would fit you until you shrunk down to a regular-size feller." The man says.

"Thank you." Bruce says putting the clothes on.

"Are you an alien?" The man asks.

"What?" Bruce questions standing up.

"From outer space, an alien." The man says.

"No." Bruce says.

"Well, then, son, you've got a condition." The man says.

Bruce knew all to well that the man was right. Back on the hella-carrier Clint was fighting the rest of the mind control.

"Clint, you're going to be all right." Nat says to him.

"You know that? Is that what you know?" Clint questions while struggling.

"I've got no window. I have to flush him out." Clint says.

"You got to level out. Its gonna take time." Nat says pouring him a glass of water

"You dont understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play?  Pull you out and stuff something else in? Do you know what its like to be unmade?" Clint questions looking over at her.