Sincerely

Soulmate,

I don't know you. I can't picture your face or muster up a name for someone I haven't even met. Yet I believe that you are somewhere out there. Somewhere in the world waiting for the moment when God draws the path to bring us together through our fate and destiny.

There are many symbols and beliefs about love. Some believe that a red string is what guides you through your life, to your soulmate. Ladybugs may land on those who you are decreed to fall in love. Or little baby Angels will shoot you with harmless arrows and suddenly hearts are dancing around our heads.

I've always been dramatic with stories and writings, so why shouldn't I be that way with a love letter to my future chosen one? Why shouldn't this be the most dramatic thing that ever was? As a hopeless romantic I believe that love is a dramatic thing, no matter how subtle or calm it can be.

Love isn't a fairytale, I know that much. I'm not naive and I'm not goaded into falling for the easy lies of a perfect cheesy novel or film. But I do know that there is destiny, but that does not mean that our destiny won't have a rocky path. If we're truly soulmates then we will have gone through those obstacles together.

These words may be deleted and forgotten but maybe someday they will waft to you when you least expect it and send you my way. Maybe it will be romantic. maybe even love at first sight. Or perhaps it will be set, a friend agreeing to introduce ourselves. Who knows what will bind our hearts and link our souls. But when it happens I'll be ready. I'll be ready to walk down the road God carves for me, whether it's through mountains or snow, I'm ready to go on that journey.

Sincerely,
Your Soulmate.