✉ 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟

-ˏˋ⋆ 𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 moonnoya ⋆ˊˎ-

The first quarter exams had just finished as the students of Itaichiyama High School rejoiced. The past week was hellish for the students, the constant reviewing they did definitely fried their brains. And now that the exams were finished, the students could finally breathe out in relief.

Sakusa who had opened his locker stepped back in disgust, his eyes watched as multiple filthy disgusting letters fell out from his locker. His eyes twitched in annoyance, it seems like he needed to b̶u̶r̶n̶  disinfect his contaminated locker w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ w̶a̶s̶ f̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ g̶e̶r̶m̶s̶ soon.

Cautiously avoiding the envelopes l̶i̶k̶e̶ i̶t̶ w̶a̶s̶ g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶o̶ m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ h̶i̶m̶, Sakusa grabbed the things he needed for practice and stuffed it neatly to his bag. His eyes scanned the fallen envelopes to find the usual a̶n̶d̶ d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ n̶o̶t̶ f̶i̶l̶t̶h̶y̶ (f/c) envelope.

A frown appeared on his face seeing that none of the envelopes were colored (f/c).

Did his unknown admirer use up all their (f/c) envelopes so she had to use the normal white one?

Sakusa wore the spare disposable gloves he grabbed from his bag and squatted down to pick the letters on the floor. He flipped each letter to see if he could spot the familiar penmanship of his unknown admirer.

However, to his disappointment, none of the penmanship matched the penmanship of his unknown admirer. After throwing all the dirty envelopes and his disposable gloves in the nearest trash can, Sakusa unconsciously held the hidden necklace he wore under his uniform.

"Maybe she was too tired to send one." he c̶o̶n̶v̶i̶n̶c̶e̶d̶ whispered to himself.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was nearly two weeks after that day and Sakusa still hasn't received any letter from his admirer making an unknown feeling bubbled up into his chest.

For some reason, he felt frustrated.

Sakusa slammed open his locker, which nearly gave Komori a heart attack, to see the usual dirty envelopes falling out from his locker. He clicked his tongue in displeasure and squatted down to pick up the disgustingly dirty envelopes.

In the process of picking up the envelopes from the ground, his eyes caught a familiar (f/c) colored envelope lying on the ground with the other envelopes.

His eyes widened with his heart thumping loudly in his chest.

Sakusa quickly picked up the other insignificant envelopes from the ground and shoved them to the innocent Komori who was minding his own business.

"Wha---" poor Komori exclaimed while holding the envelopes his cousin shoved to him.

"Throw them in the trashcan," Sakusa told him as he sat towards a near bench after disinfecting it with the (f/c) envelope in his hands.

Komori stayed rooted in his spot for a few seconds. He blinked twice and shrugged his shoulders before doing what his cousin told him to do.

When his cousin was finally nowhere in sight, Sakusa immediately opened the envelope and took out the letter h̶e̶ w̶a̶s̶ w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ f̶o̶r̶ t̶h̶e̶ p̶a̶s̶t̶ 2̶ w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶.