✉ 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑡ℎ 𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟

-ˏˋ⋆ 𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 moonnoya ⋆ˊˎ-

"Curse algebra, curse the one who discovered algebra, curse quizzes, curse school, curse grades, curse that spawn of a demon sensei, curse---"

Michiko's rant came to halt when a hand covered her mouth to prevent her from sprouting more nonsense. She blinked and turned to looked at (Y/n) who look so done with the world.

The four were currently sitting a circular table for four in the cafeteria. They were reviewing their notes for the upcoming Algebra quiz for Thursday. And Michiko being the Algebra hater she was, decided to whine instead of actually reviewing her notes.

"Michiko, I'm begging you. Please shut your mouth." plead the (h/c) haired girl, giving her childhood friend a shut-your-mouth-or-I'll-shut-it-for-you look.

A pout made its way into Michiko's mouth, "But (Y/n)!!" she whined shoving her practice test directly into (Y/n)'s face, "I hate this! It's too hard, my goldfish size brain can't solve whatever cursed witchcraft this is."

Komori, who was sitting in front of Michiko, released a nervous chuckle when he saw multiple tick marks forming in the (e/c) eyed girl's forehead. To Komori, it seems like the girl was so close to strangling her blabbering friend.

Fortunately for Michiko, Komori is a kind person so naturally he decided to prevent the girl's upcoming end.

"It isn't that hard Tokito-san. How about I help you with the problems you're having trouble with?" Komori offered.

The olive eyed girl paused her monologue about how cursed algebra was and turn to look at the boy. "Really?" she asked him with wide eyes.

"Yeah, what's the problem are you having trouble with anyway?" he asked.

(Y/n) briefly glance at the light-haired boy with pity. 'Poor boy doesn't even know what's coming.' she thought while busying herself by answering her practice test.

"All of them."

...........

Komori blinked once, twice, then thrice, registering Michiko's answer. He broke into a sweat when the answer finally registered into his brain.

"A-all of them?" he repeated to make sure he heard it right.

"Yup!" Michiko brightly confirmed.

(Y/n), who already knew what's coming for him, patted his back in sympathy. "Don't die." she simply said to the poor boy who was now sweating bullets

Seeing this interaction unfold in front of him, Sakusa couldn't help but re-think his life choices. He sighed for the nth time this day and return his attention to his half-answered practice test.

If only he didn't accept his cousin's invitation...

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Volleyball practice had just ended a while ago as the players were currently doing cooling down stretches to avoid cramps. Sakusa sighed quietly stretching his tired legs until he heard a satisfying 'pop'. He contently breathes out for a moment before stretching his upper body.

"Hey, Sakusa.' Komori, who was also stretching behind him, called out.

"What?"

"Do you want to join our group study tomorrow since we have the whole afternoon free?" his cousin offered him.

Studying does sound nice especially since there's an upcoming quiz this Thursday. So it's basically a good idea.

But what about the companions?

Just thinking about that subject made Sakusa mentally shivered in disgust.

However, having a helping hand to teach him the lessons he was having trouble with, is kinda nice.

Sakusa sighed in defeat, "Whose coming?" he muttered grimly.

Komori looked at his cousin in shock and anticipation, "You're coming?!" he asked in excitement.

"I'll consider if the person coming with us is up to my standards." Sakusa murmured while he stretched both of his wrists.

"Right." Komori released a chuckle knowing the reason why his cousin was asking that question, "Tokito-san and (L/n)-san is coming with us."

"So are you coming?" Komori asked him.

Sakusa stayed quiet for a few moments before agreeing silently. Besides, the two girls were clean up to his standards anyways.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Sakusa sighed once again and glared at the problem he was having trouble with.

Unknowingly, a pair of (e/c) eyes saw his actions and secretly peeked at the question the ace was having trouble with. Seeing that she knows how to solve the problem, (Y/n) decided to offer her the boy some help.

"Do you need some help with that problem Sakusa-kun?"

Sakusa looks up from his practice sheet and saw (Y/n) looking directly at him with a small smile painted on your lips. He glanced at the problem he didn't know how to solve and nods.

"If it's not a bother," he mumbled.

"Don't worry it's not," she assured him.

(Y/n), who was sitting across him, leaned closer not before leaving a safe distance between them. He watched her as she wordlessly scanned the problem before glancing at him.

"First you need to.." Sakusa listened intently when (Y/n) started explaining how to solve the problem. When the explanation was finished he followed the instruction she told him and 'bwala' the problem was correctly solved!

"Thank you, I understand it now," Sakusa said gratefully to the (h/c) haired girl.

(Y/n) smiled, "Your welcome." she said before going back to her work.

After that, the group studied peacefully asking questions to one another here and there not noticing how quickly time passed them by. They continued studying until the two girls decided that it was already time for them to leave. A few moments later, Sakusa and Komori also decided to call it a day.

Sakusa was currently putting his textbooks neatly inside his bag with Komori also doing the same. After making sure that he didn't leave anything behind, he closed the zipper and slung his bag over his shoulders. He wore his signature white face mask that he grabbed inside his bag before closing it and poured vanilla-scented hand sanitizer on his hands.

Meanwhile, Komori was still double-checking his things. When he was sure that he didn't leave anything behind he slung his bag over his shoulders. He was about to tell Sakusa that he was ready to go however his eyes caught a familiar (f/c) colored notebook.

He blinked in confusion, "Did (L/n)-san accidentally left her notebook?"

Sakusa turned around after hearing what his cousin said. He spotted the girl's (f/c) notebook on the hands of his cousin. Then suddenly a thought came into his head, wasn't this a good time to confirm his suspicions?

"Can I see her notebook?" Sakusa asked.

Komori looked at his cousin in curiosity wondering why he wanted to see (Y/n)'s notebook. But he gave it to him anyways.

The moment that Sakusa opened the girl's notebook, his eyes immediately widened. He quickly checks the other pages, not noticing how tight his grip was on the notebook in his hold.

Her and his unknown admirer's penmanship....

"They're the same..."