THE SPARK |1|

Chapter 1

"I will be ok. I will be ok. I will be ok." I whisper to myself on and on, hoping it will relax me. I start counting the number of tiles on the ceiling hoping to calm my anxiety for when I entered the magnificent building. Why would I get selected to be one of the individuals to get to go to Hogwarts! Its crazy especially since my parents are muggles (they don't have witch/wizard blood ). It's crazy how one moment your studying for your test for school and then suddenly get an owl (that is horrible at flying!)  speed through your window in the middle of the night holding a letter in its mouth. I never thought magic or anything like this was real. I was eyeing the kids all different ages getting  eating lunch or dinner in the dining hall. Pumpkin heads were floating all around the ceiling lit by floating candles. The smell of fall October leaves hit me. From what I read in the letters, I thought I would definitely a Slytherin or a Gryffindor. I was always the bad girl where I lived, causing trouble, talking back, and pulling awesome pranks on people. Mabye I wasn't the kindest but I had the best friends back home and was pretty well known. Now I'm a no one in the crowd, nervous that I will fall or trip, or say something that I would regret. I know I sound all confident and stuff, I mean I was back home before I came to Hogwarts. You either loved me or hated me and I was Confident as ever! But now as I think about it, I hated playing that role but someone had to do it.
"Y/N L/N" Professor McGonagall called out in her raspy but loud voice looking around to spot movement. Everyone stopped what they were doing and immediately stared right at me. I started pushing my way through the crowds of people sitting at the tables, looking down at my feet the whole time hoping I don't fall. I walked up on the stage confident that I would get Slytheryn or Gryffindor. I mean my best features were being badass and brave, I was practically made for those houses.
"Students, Students, Calm down now. We have a new exchange student all the way from America Joining us today. I know this is very unusual of Hogwarts to get a student mid-year, but I expect you all to be on your very best behavior and treat her like family." Strictly screamed Professor Mcgonagall. I slowly sat down on the wooden stool that looked like I could break it with one touch. Every students eyes were on me. Some looking at me like I was their rival and some like they were excited for my new company.
"Hmm. You are a strange girl Y/N. You present a  strong character my dear, but I do not think that is who you really are. I see kindness and beauty deep inside of you. HUFFLEPUFF!!" The hat shouted as a blank expression formed on my face. No, it can't be!
"Sir, are you sure you are correct? I think you have read me wrong. Aren't Hufflepuffs like, you know, innocent and stuff?" I spit out forgetting that there was a whole crowd infront of me.
"I am never wrong, child. HUFFLEPUFF!" Screams the hat like he has been through that before.
I walk to the Hufflepuff table still pale at the face thinking if I was actually stupid enough to say that. I find an empty seat at the back of the table while the sound of claps echo in my ears.

"Whoah! No one ever questions the sorting hat

"Whoah! No one ever questions the sorting hat. You really are brave!" Shouts a women's voice behind me. I quickly turn my stiff neck to see a beautiful woman, about the same age as me staring amazingly straight at me.
"I'm Noava! Nice to meet you Y/N! Im from Brazil so I know what it feels like to be totally different from everyone here." She said in her Brazillian accent.
It was amazing how people from all around the world attended this unusual school of unusual people. I was amazed, no one was ever this friendly back at my old home town. We both shake hands smiling at each other with glee. She had long black hair with light highlights and perfectly straight and silky hair.  Noava and I started talking while the rest of the Students were finishing eating. She was actually a really nice person and we got along really well. But we are also kind of different in ways because she was always a good girl in school and she was probably everyone's friend back home. She was definitely popular in a good way and got all the guys (unlike me). But also, her birthday was 2 days after mine and she wasn't afraid to speak her mind. It's very interesting how someone completely opposite could get along so well with me because in my other school, she probably wouldn't have enjoyed my presence. Noava got quiet and she took my still sweaty hand and pulled me out of my seat, pulling me into the crowd of new faces. I think lunch/dinner was over now because all of the students got up and made a big group. I followed the group looking around the finely made building scanning everything up and down. Scanning the moving paintings, the moving stairs (that scared the shit out of me), and all of the little details of the school locking the images in my head. I had no clue where we were going or what to even do. I mean I just got the letter yesterday, I honestly was not prepared for anything at all! As the groups separated from each other, we got lead into some stairs leading to what I believe is a basement. As Noava and I got into the door of the basement (because we were at the end of the group), there were kitchen supplies everywhere and some nice ladies greeting every child that came through the door kindly. You could see the joy on their red cheeks as the kitchens started to fill. The speedy boy that lead the group came to a stop in front of a pile of dusty barrels. The boy with his bright eyes, tapped one of the barrels — "two from the bottom and the middle of the second row," to be precise. A magical door opened making me gasp in excitement. It was truly a magical experience I never knew I would ever get! The actual common room itself is round, earthy, low-ceilinged, welcoming, warm, and sunny. My breath stopped as I looked around. The room is decorated in the cheerful, bee-like colours of yellow and black emphasized with honey-coloured wood for the tables and the round doors which lead to the boys' and girls' dormitories (furnished with comfortable wooden bedsteads, all covered in patchwork quilts).

Even more students I have never seen before came rushing down the stairs to greet the new Hufflepuff

Even more students I have never seen before came rushing down the stairs to greet the new Hufflepuff. The older students both male and female, came with their strong grips and started shaking my hands and greeting everyone else back.
Plus, I had to admit there were some pretty nice looking guys. The tall (and not going to lie, a little intimidating) students came rushing up to me, shaking my hands energetically. But one specific person caught my attention, I felt the heat rise up. One guy who was way taller than me, made me feel like I was a poor innocent little lamb and he was a mighty lion. I felt myself loose balance a little and trip on Nova as she was making small talk with one of the other girls. She helped my clumsy self stand straight and get back to introducing my self to everyone. This one mystery man who caught my attention again, was a couple inches away from me holding out his hand. I gasped at the spark, I felt like being zapped by electricity. But I liked the feeling of my hands in his and I could tell he was startled by the spark too. I couldn't help but notice how our hands fit perfectly like a puzzle piece that just got finished. He looked at my figure scanning every piece to my toes back up to my eyes. Yep, he was definitely a lion that knew what he was doing. I stood there trembling because he was very overpowering.  We looked deep in each others honey brown eyes in silence, just admiring each others presence. He was very attractive! I felt safe with him, like I could trust him. It was completely weird seeing boys look at you like you weren't just some prey. The mystery guy was going to open his mouth to say something.
"Hey Diggory, Whats taking so long? Come on man!" One of the other guys-which I assume was one of his friends- screamed from a couple feet away through the crowd of happy faces. He started running to his friend group smiling with his rosy cheeks. I was blushing crazy as hell. But the way he smiled at me was different from the others, he looked more surprised. Like the first time ever seeing snow. Mabye he thought I was ugly or something, or smelled bad, or he's never seen a poor girl. Negative thoughts started rushing through my brain. A mini panic attack waved through me, making me self conscious. Noava then pulled a small girl towards me.
"Y/N, this is Kiera, she's someone I met on the train ride here!" pronounced Noava as her long, straight hair fell off her shoulders.
We were both silent until Noava broke the silence.
"Y/N, Kiera is really nice, you guys should get to know eachother!"
"Hi, Its nice to meet you. I'm from Manchester, right outside of England."
Noava left to the snack area looking for a snack to nibble on, letting me and Kiera to get to know eachother. We started talking about how America was a horrible place to live in ( she lived there for 2 years). She was actually really funny after the shy part. I scanned her looks and she was holding a thick book in her left hand, had her hair up in a tight bun (but it was kind of hard to keep it tight with her huge curls), wore a pair of probably very expensive glasses, and wore high socks and a skirt, like she was going to the spelling Bee with her professional outfit. She definitely would have been in all advanced classes and went to a fancy private school if it wasn't for Hogwarts. Even with my cheap hoop earrings, and off brand gold necklaces, you could tell that I wasn't the richest out of everyone. Noava and Kiera looked like Models. After a couple minutes of resting and chit chatting in the commons room, the same guy that led us to the Hufflepuff house started jogging my way.
"Hello Y/N. So because you are new to Hogwarts, there are no roommates assigned for you so you can just pick who you want to room with." He said with a smile on his face. Then, the freckled boy started looking nervous.
"By the way, it's the room right in between the girls side and the boys side of dorms. So we get the best of both worlds!" She squeals. I get tingly from thinking that our room would be right next to the boys dorms. What if Diggory's dorm was right next to ours? The first day if Hogwarts, and it is already making me crazy.