Page 348

Hermione made everyone sit the assorted couches and chairs, and if they could talk, they would be grumbling about it. Everyone was glaring daggers at Blaise, and he was getting very uncomfortable, and he mumbled, "So.. Ummm. Welll, I am here to say that I have a twin sister, ummm and it is kind of complicated because she doesn't know that."

Once he stopped talking, Hermione said, "Oh that's great who is it?"

He replied in a very quiet voice, "You"

Hermione:

Blaise just told me he had a twin sister and I was excited for him. Twins are interesting. When I was younger I dreamed of having a twin. I was pretty lonely. Once I got to Hogwarts I forgot the silly dream. Until the moment he said, "you".

The words had barely came out of his lips and I passed out.

Next, I knew I was waking up and I saw the worried face of Blaise. My friend? My brother?My twin brother. I stood up and looked around and saw Harry, Ron, George, Ginny and Mrs. Weasley. They must have gotten her. She lifted a shaky hand and let them talk again.

The effect was instant.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU MEAN SHE IS YOUR SISTER?"

"This is not funny Zabini"

Mrs. Weasley finally said, "BE QUIET YOU LOT, LET THE BOY TALK TO HERMINIE"

At this, everyone went silent, except Ron who was still mumbling until his mom looked at him with eyes saying try me. Blaise cleared his throat, "Our father just died..."
I saw Ron smirk but had to ignore it so I didn't lash out.
He continued, "Right before he passed.. he was saying, read page 348, read page 348. I knew what book he meant but he never let anyone look at it...."

Blaise had to stop and get some composure. I wish I knew how to to help.
It took a minute, but he continued, "then he passed. That was yesterday evening, and it took the rest of the night to read about it and I guess figure out what to do. When we were born, father found a muggle family, and he gave you to them and made them think you were their baby. So, your other parents never knew you were adopted. And you're the first one I told, you're the only one I told, Herm. And please don't be mad at them.... It was to protect you from the dark lord."

He looked over to me, and I was crying. It was only four months after my father left and my mother died. I couldn't have another set of parents gone. I guess it's best for me that I never got the chance to meet them so I never got attached. I went over to him and gave him a hug, and he hugged me back. I told him, "I'm so sorry Blaise. And I understand why your.... our father did what he did. I've heard what the dark lord did to the female purebloods."

He looked at me and as his tears dried asked, "I know this is a lot to ask and process but could you stay with me at the manner, it's yours and mine now, and I will invite some friends over, but I need you there Herm, please... you're the only family I have now."

"Yes" I told him immediately. How could I say no? We had been friends for seven years, and his- not wait, our dad just died. Then I turned to Ginny, "Can you come?"

She looked at her mom, who nodded, and so Ginny said, "Of course."