22

Lee ChanWoo (Y/Ns father) POV

I was waiting impatiently in my for Paolo to come. I told him to follow Y/N and Yoongi while I dealt with SeJun.

Paolo finally came inside and I got up.

"What happened?"- I asked.

"Hum...Yoongi said he doesn't want to see Y/N again..."- Paolo said.

"And how is she?"

"Broken..."- Paolo answered me.

I could only sigh. I broke my daughter...I know I never showed her affection, but she was the only one by my side all this time...I know I made all kinds of rules when I was mourning my loss...it was wrong of me... She's my daughter, not my dog...

"Sir...if you knew their relationship was doomed...why did you invite Yoongi here to give them hope?"- Paolo asked me carefully.

"Because I wanted to feel less guilty...the first time I met him I didn't think he was rude...I saw him as a man of honor...so I thought if I invited him here I would find something bad about him and my conscience would feel a little more at ease, but... I didn't find anything...and the way Y/N looks at him, it's the same way I looked at HyeJin...for a moment, in the piano, it was like I watching me and
Y/Ns mother..."

"I see...I too am very fond of Min Yoongi...he makes Y/N happy"

"I can see...all of the sudden she is speaking her mind to me and getting home at 3 a.m with a smile on her face..."- I chuckled.

"Mr. Lee...Do they really have to leave each other?"- Paolo asked.

"What do you want me to do?...if I refuse the deal with SeJun, he will ruin their careers..."- I said.

"Yeah, but...he took a picture of two people in love and threatened you with a lie...why don't we take pictures of him too and threaten him with a truth..?"- Paolo asked with a smile smile and raising his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"- I asked.

"Well...we heard that he isn't always the great person he said he is..."- he evilly said.
Seriously...what a scary little man...

That was the moment Y/N came into my office with rage in her eyes.

"Why? Why!?"- she asked angrily. In a tone I have never heard from her before.

"Calm down, I'll explain everything"- I told her.

"Do you know what this deal has cost me?! What did you gain, huh? Money? Fame? What else did you need that he can give you?!?"- she yelled angrily at me.

"Nothing!"- I yelled back- "nothing...It was either, I refused the deal and both of you would lose your careers and reputation, or I accepted and you would be apart..."

"So the reputation was more important to you then?"- she said.

"If I didn't do this, you would have to live your life with the heavy conscience that you ruined something that the one you loved worked all his life to get...SeJun has a picture of you together and threatened to tell the press that you were dating a drug dealer...it would ruin him and you too"- I explained.

She stayed quiet as tears were streaming down her face. I had never seen this girl cry. She wouldn't even dare to come to me, much less to speak like this.
She turned her back to me to leave, but stopped at the door.

"Just so you know...I'm not working as a violinist anymore, I'm a producer now...I stood by your side all my life, going by your rules, so one day I could see my real father come back and when I thought you were going back to normal you do this...and even invited Yoongi to the engagement party to humiliate him...I will marry SeJun...but not because I respect for you or because you told me to...but because I love Yoongi and I don't want to see him get hurt because of me..."- she told me in a disappointed tone that made my heart break. I could feel her pain.

"I'm sorry...I was trying to protect you...And I just invited him so you both would find out at the same time...what would you have me doing in this crazy deal?"- I told her.

"How about telling me so I could decide? But off course, you always have to do that for me....You were never the kind of father to protect me...why start now?..."- she claimed back. Her anger and hurt towards me was visible.
She left and I felt like it was all my fault.
This was all my fault.
She's right, I should have told her.