What the hell is going on in that town? Pt.3.5

"Are you sure they didn't drown because they look a bit dead to me" said aurora looking over as the three surrogate sacrifices lie perfectly still in the water of the steel tubs.

Aurora was getting desperate, it's been hours and they haven't woke up yet.

Scott, Stiles and Allison--their faces breaching the surface of the water just enough to breathe while their bodies remain submerged.

Deaton was about to answer for the fifth time that hour when all at once, their eyes snap open and they lurch up, surging back to consciousness. Water splashes across the floor as they each grasp for the edges of the steel tub.

"I saw it--I know where it is." Informs Scott once out of the water.

One-by-one they scramble out of the tubs, soaking wet.

"We passed it--there's a stump--this huge tree--not huge now--it was cut down--but big. Very big." Said stiles

"It was the night we were looking for the body--" Scott said but stiles interrupted him.

"The night you were bit by Peter."

"I was there too. In the car with my mother. We almost hit two people." Said Allison

"It was me and Rory—you almost hit us." Scott said in realization.

They look to the others, elated by their discovery.

"We can find it." Said Scott turning to Deaton.

They face confusingly muted reactions. Deaton, Aurora, Isaac and Lydia share looks far less hopeful.

"What?" Asks Allison.

"You guys took your time in there, really, did you stop for lunch or something? Did you met the devil? Make friends in the other side?" said Aurora sarcastically.

Ignoring the sarcasm Scott looks to the windows to see that it's still night. But Stiles is the first to make the realization.

"How long were there?"

"Sixteen hours." Deaton told them.

"We were in the water for sixteen
hours?" Asks Scott frowning

"And the full moon rises in less than four." The man continued.

Aurora sighs and grab towels "Well how about you get dry, you are soaking the floor"

After they give the towels to Allison, Stiles and Scott, the latter had told them he needed to go back to Deucalion.

Towel pulled tight around his shoulders, Stiles shakes his head at Scott. "No, dude. You're not going back to them."

"I made a deal with Deucalion." Said Scott looking at them.

"That sounded exactly like making a "deal with the Devil." And I don't know about you guys, but I've heard that situation doesn't usually come with a happy ending." Said Aurora making stiles nod in agreement.

"Why's it matter anyway?" Asks Issac

"Because I still don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help." Said Scott

"He trusts you and Rory more than any of us. If he won't listen to Rory then you tell him he's wrong." Allison said turning to Deaton.

"I'm not so sure he is. Circumstances like this sometimes require you to align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies." He informs them.

"We're supposed to trust him? The guy who calls himself Death, destroyer of worlds." Said Issac

"Oh don't forget the demon wolf part that always makes it sound so much threatening" said Aurora.