Chapter 2

Max and I started to block the entrance for protection. I sighed going to get something for breakfast. "What to eat?"I asked Max and he barked. "Why is there no food it was almost full yesterday?"

*Authors pov*

There was crunching to he heard. Y/n was quick to grab the machete nearby. As she slowly approached the creatures she noticed they must be alive. "Who are you." Their voices said in unison. "You're alive? I-i'm Y/n." She said as blood dripped down her head slowly. "You're bleeding." They both said in unison once again. "I'm Hongseok...that's Hui." He said and Hui waved at her as he kept eating the bag of chips. His glare colder than ever. "I don't trust her." His voice rang through her ears."Trust me? I shouldn't trust you! You're the one who's eating my food under my shelter!"The girl whisper shouted and Hui just shrugged. He slowly munched on a potato chip with a teasing look. "Stop it!" Hongseok said grabbing the bag from him. "Look...we just came here for some food,safety kits,and some ammo now we're gonna take some and leave." Hui said as he tightened his shoelaces. "Are you dumb? You're just gonna take some stuff and leave when you finally see another human being? Besides your friend." Y/n said and he laughed. "No. We're going back to our base and helping out our friend's." Hui said as he grabbed cans of food. "Do you think Wooseok would want ramen?" He asked and Hongseok ignored him, he just stared at Max. "You can pet him...he doesn't bite. Only if you're a zombie." Y/n said and he smiled kneeling down on one knee and petting Max. "What's his name?" He asked and she cleared her throat. "Well since you guys won't see us again...I don't think it should matter." Y/n told him and he nodded. "I understand." He got up, Hui handed him a few things. "You don't need help with that?" Y/n asked Hui as blood dripped down his head. "No." He sternly replied while touching his wound. "Sit." She demanded and he sat down while rolling his eyes.
*Y/n's pov*
I grabbed my safety kit and began to cleanse the wound. "It was nice meeting you." Hongseok stated and I smiled. "Thanks...you too." I noticed Hui staring outside. "What are you doing?" I asked and he looked up at me. "Watching my friend Jinho's dog...her name is-" I widened my eyes. "Danbi?" Hui nodded. There was loud banging on the glass window. I turned my head and saw zombies trying to break in. Hongseok and Hui got ready. I also began to gear up. Hui pulled out a walkie talkie. "We're gonna need back up. Over." He said and I began to feel dizzy. "You okay?" Hongseok asked and I looked at him with watery eyes. "She doesn't know how to fight??? How did you even survive!?" Hui shouted and there was a sound of shattered glass. I grabbed my gun and started shooting at the zombies from a distance. I was then shooting nothing. I grabbed my bat and began to bash the zombies heads. I saw Hui was struggling and I slid under a zombie to get to him. I kicked one of the zombies that had a grip on Hui. As it stumbled backwards into an aisle I pulled out my knife and tossed it at it's head. Hui shouted, "Look out." Before I could respond I saw darkness.
*Some time later~*
"Hey...I think the girl's up." I heard and I looked at the direction I heard it from. "Hey sleepy head how you feeling?" Hongseok asked and I pointed at my backpack which was on the ground. He looked at it and grabbed it. I made a certain motion which indicated I wanted water. "Water?" He asked and I nodded slowly. He handed me the water, I began to chug it down. "Woah,woah,woah, slow down." He said grabbing the water from me. "Hey, can you do me a favor and try to talk?Can you tell me how you feel?" A guy asked and I scooted away from him. "He's okay...he's one of my friends." Hongseok told me and I slowly calmed down. I cleared my dry throat. "I- I feel tired and my throat is dry." I managed to say, the boy began to write it down in a notebook. "I'm Jinho by the way...I'm a doctor so there's nothing to worry about." He told me and I nodded. "W-ait where's Max?" I asked and Hongseok touched my hand. "Don't worry he's with Danbi and Happy." He told me and I started to close my eyes. "No,no,no. Try to stay awake." Jinho told me while he sat on the edge of the bed. "W-where am I? What happened?" I asked and Jinho looked at Hongseok. "Well you're at our base we call it Pentagon. What happened was...when you saved Hui you pushed the zombie into an aisle which had very heavy objects. Hui pushed you out of the way and ended up hurting himself instead...but however, when you fell you hit your head on a metal bar." Jinho told me and I nodded. "W-where's Hui?" I asked and Hongseok cleared his throat. "Not that important...you need to relax a bit before you go see him." He said and I looked at the room. "Are we in a house?" I asked and he nodded. "Our house specifically."He said and I sighed and relief. "Do you feel a little better?" Jinho asked and I nodded. "Okay well... I'll take you to go see Hui if you want." Hongseok said and I nodded.

Jinho took the IV out of my arm and Hongseok helped me up. "Oh wait ...you kinda sprained your ankle a bit...so try not to get too excited." Jinho told me and I nodded. Hongseok wrapped my arm around his shoulder, he carefully grabbed my waist,pulling me towards him. "Slow steps...okay?" He told me and I nodded. As we walked out of the room I saw another guy who was cooking. "Hey it's the girl." A deep voice said and a couple more guys peaked. "How's Hui?"Hongseok asked and the guy with the deep voice looked down. "No reply?Is he still asleep?"Hongseok asked and he shrugged adding tomatoes to whatever he was making. "We'll be back." Hongseok told him and we carefully walked into another room. I took a step too fast and fell, Hongseok was quick to grab me. "That's why I said be careful." He said as he carefully picked me back up. "You okay?" He asked, I just nodded trying to look at Hui. "We can't go too far in." He told me making me let out a small sigh. "Why not? He's not infected?" I told Hongseok and he looked behind us. "Go ahead...he's fine now." A guy told us and Hongseok helped me walk inside the room. Hui's head was wrapped, his arm in a sling,tubes and needles all over and inside of him, his face looked pale. Hongseok let me sit on the edge of the bed. "Hey...Hui. I know we just met and you can't hear me but...thank you for saving my life. You seemed like a jerk at first but...on the inside you might be the most lovable person...not in the world because umm...yeah. I've never really been saved by anyone...except my sister. It was my fault she died. It's my fault you got hur-"I was interrupted by a hand placed on mine. "N-no it's fine...don't blame yourself." Hui said using my arm to sit up correctly. "Hui?"Hongseok asked and his eyes widened. "HOLY CRAP HUI IS AWAKE!"Hongseok yelled making a large group of boys appear in the room. "Who the hell is that!? Is she like Hui's long lost girlfriend?" The tallest one said and the guy who was cooking before death glared him. "No...she's H- just...a friend...and a new part of the gang." He said and I widened my eyes. "Wait? Really!?" I asked him and he smiled before nodding. "THANK YOU HUI!"I hugged him tightly,he slowly wrapped one arm around me and softened into the hug. I was finally able to make friends again, maybe even family, all I know now is that...I'm not lonely anymore.