A change of control

I sat silently for the rest of the lesson and for the rest of my classes that day, I needed to keep a low profile otherwise people would question why no one knows my last name, which was because my fake one was so terribly unbelievable, Lola Perks, so basic.

I slump into my room after the long and rather eventful day, i've never had a day like this, I didn't even know I had it in me to talk back, especially to him.Pansy greets me, "welcome back LO-life" I sarcastically smile at her terribly un-clever nickname for me.I fall asleep fairly easily, oddly feeling at ease considering the day I just had.

Today everything seemed to be back to normal, I had gone back to the quiet girl no one noticed but for some reason I couldn't seem to focus, my mind kept wondering back to my brief conversation with Malfoy, it erupted something inside of me , literally my hair went a flame. But there was something else , I kept re-living the fight wanting to say so many more things than I did, I wanted to hurt him like he had hurt me all these years bullying my brother and unknowingly me, he had bullied so many people he didn't even remember who they were, soon enough he would be fighting against us in a war.

"MISS PERKS" a cold and chiral voice spat, I snap out of my trance to find myself wth ink all over myself, my hands in fists, i crushed my quill. Snape said my last name even though Dumbledore instructed all my teachers not to, how dare he.

"its Lola!' I gasped at myself, did I just talk back to.. Snape?

"DETENTION MISS PERKS" he stated again as Malfoy whipped his head around laughing. Before I could say anything Snape read my mind and said "Something you find amusing Draco?detention for you too" . "HA" I snarled chuffed at myself.His face full of rage glaring at me with his grey lifeless eyes, "ill get you for this, perks" he spat.

Thanks a lot Snape now he knows my fake last name, at least he's not the sort of type which would figure it out.I suddenly realised I still had ink all over me, Snape waiting for me to leave at the door. "quickly I don't have all day clean yourself up, and, if you dare try to not come back for your detention, you'll be suffering greater consequences then sitting in my room for a few hours". I just walked away not daring to talk back again.What has gotten into me lately.

As the ink washed off my hands and spilled into the sink, I glanced at my reflection, and to my surprise Malfoy was right, my hair was once again flaming, honestly it looked kind of badass, my ginger hair had turned a blazing deep red too, almost the colour of blood, how had no one noticed this and told me...oh.i realised as I looked into my own reflection, I have no one close enough to recognise a change in my appearance, besides harry of course but he's awfully busy with his friends and quidditch and he who must not be named.

As I weave through the halls to get back to my detention, I notice a shadow seemingly following me, at first I thought it was just my own but it seemed to move sharper, quicker.i quickened my pace in attempt to lose whoever it was, but so did they.Im running through the halls now, I can feel myself turn translucent as I turn the corner running into Snape's room.The gush of wind giving away my arrival.

"Miss perks I would advice that you don't use your questionable powers in my classroom, 10 points from Slytherin for running in the halls and 10 points away for unwarranted magic" his face remains neutral, Malfoy doesn't laugh this time.Coward. "But Severus there was someone in the halls chasing me I swear!" I quiver and my voice breaks as I try to compose myself not to cry. To my surprise Snape doesn't critique me for saying his first name but rather gives us a quick murmur for us to stay and leaves to investigate the halls.