A message refused to be recieved

I can hear a voice coming from the wall as I head down the hallway, what the hell is that, it sounds familiar...I lean against the wall to get a better listen, all I can hear is my rapid heartbeat before that same shadow from before whizzes past me, blowing my hair up in a gust.

I try to turn invisible but it's no use, I don't know how. The shadow starts circling me i start to run when I feel a strong arm yank me into a door and cover my mouth before I can fight it.
I try to scream and bite the hand, "hey! Keep quiet you idiot I'm saving your ass". I look up too recognise that voice, these hands, it's Malfoy.
Before I can say another word his hand is back over my mouth and he's pressed up against me pinning me to the wall next to the door.

We see a shadow briefly cross the doorway before footsteps begin to fade away.
I look at Malfoy's face trying to recognise his expression in the darkness, but he stands so still, almost paralysed.

After a moment his grip loosens and he takes his arm away from my mouth. Realising the position we are in he takes a step back. I hear him mutter something and a dainty light fills the room. I see his face ,finally letting out a sigh of relief , he does the same.

I take a step closer to look at him, his eyes are puffy and red, it looks as if he's been crying. His skin is paler then ever and his grey eyes can't be read.
"Don't look at me like that Potter,I know what you're thinking" he takes a step back.
"No don't push me away Draco , where have you been? Why did u help me?" I can't help but get angry at him no matter how much I want to just hold him and tell him everything's okay.
" that's none of you're business, and don't call me that potter, you can only call me Malfoy... I couldn't just let you get attacked out there, it could have been them, they are getting closer to discovering you". For a moment I could swear something ignited in his eyes, maybe some worry. But that quickly fades as he gives me a glare at my lack in response.

" stop doing that potter, stop trying to analyse me, you don't know me and I don't know you, you should get out of here before they come back, now go" he says forcefully not looking up at me avoiding looking into my eyes, but I don't let him push me away.

" No dra-Malfoy listen to me, I'm not going until I tell you this look at my eyes and promise me something." My eyes fill with tears, I force them back in I can't let him see me weak it will only prove him right.
He looks up at me reluctantly, his eyes full and veiny, it looks he hasn't slept in days.
"What, what's so important"
" I know you think you're alone in this draco, but you're not, I'm here for you and I know you don't want me to be but there's nothing you can do about it, I want to hate you I really do but I can't help myself, I need you Draco I can see how much you are hurting and I can't bear it." He looks down but I force his face up to look at me my hand caressing his chin, his eyes are about to explode with tears.
" I know you didn't have a choice with your life Draco, I know you hate being bad and I know that deep down you are just as scared as the rest of us, it's not your fault Draco, it's not your fault." He begins to hysterically sob falling into my arms as his legs give way, he's so weak, his body has changed so much in a matter of days. I rub his back, his warm tears soaking into my chest heating me up.

We sit there for what feel like hours, I try my hardest not to sob with him but I need to be strong for him right now. His sobbing slowly softens as he looks up to me, his lip quivering and his eyes bloodshot.
" why are you so nice to me, I've done nothing but torture you and Harry all these years, I'm a terrible, terrible person, I don't deserve to feel anything but pain", he cry's hopelessly.his words filling me with rage. How could he think such horrible things.

I grab his hair and yank his head up forcing him to look at me.
" Draco listen to me you are not a terrible person, you deserve more love than anyone else because you've never had it, despite the odds against you forcing you to be bad you fight it , and know in your heart that you want to do what's right, that takes so much strength, you are strong Draco, you are just torn between two worlds, forced into one mindset your whole life, if I were you I would have bullied me too,and I would have turned out much worse than you. Never say that again Draco. Never." I fiercely spoke softening as I finished my sentence, his gaze blurring looking at me as I look through my glassy eyes.

He leaps forward and his lips touch mine, sending shivers down my spine. His lips dance with mine full of passion, pain, frustration and we feel ourselves let go, letting our body's lead us.

I feel his soft but worn hands caress my waist, pulling me into him. His warm wet cheeks touching my face as we embraced. He pulls back slowly leaning his hands against the wall behind me. He lets out a noise a mix between a sigh and a grunt. He gets up gesturing his hand to help me up. As I meet him standing, he looks at me with even more pain than before.
"I'm so sorry I got you involved in all this Lola" he whispered apologetically almost whimpering.
" it's not your fault Draco, I would have been found out sooner or later, it has nothing to do with you, now stop apologising".
" I have to go I'm sorry, this can't happen again Lola. You understand me." He said with Purpose in his eyes, and a lump in his throat.

Why won't he let me help him.

I squeeze his hand as he goes to leave, he squeezes it back without looking at me murmurs "I'm sorry" and walks off into the night.