TWO

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

WAKE UP
PART TWO

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Before Stephanie was in Sunset Curve, she was in a different band with her best friend at the time, Amelia. Amelia had been her best friend for years while she grew closer and closer to Luke and his friends every day.

However, Stephanie often tried to avoid her brother and his friends during the school day for three reasons— one being that she often felt like she was intruding, two because she had begun to develop feelings for Reggie and wasn't sure how to handle it, and three because Amelia was overbearing and had the biggest crush on Luke.

Avoiding them usually didn't last very long, the girl not able to help it when her brother shouted her name from across the hall with so much excitement or when Alex would sneak up behind her and wrap his arm around her shoulders from behind in a hug in between classes or when Bobby would come running up to her to ask for girl advice or when Reggie would catch her gaze in the middle of the hallway and flash that perfect smile of his in her direction before offering to walk with her to class. Stephanie just loved the boys so much that avoiding them was nearly impossible.

However, somehow Amelia was able to make it possible most of the time and instead of always being around the boys, Stephanie was around her friend quite a bit which hadn't been the best scenario. Amelia had a big ego which meant she thought she could boss Stephanie around and do whatever she wanted.

This especially showed when they started their band Pink Nightmare with a couple of Amelia's friends. Amelia thought it best she took the lead on everything and pushed Stephanie to the back so that all the girl did was strum a few notes on her guitar here and there without being able to sing at all.

As much as it hurt Stephanie to be bossed around and pushed to the side as she was, she didn't speak up. She was afraid to lose her friend, afraid of what that meant for her if she suddenly was on her own. She knew Luke would do everything in his power to make sure she was never alone, but she didn't want to put that weight on him. Nor did she want her friends to come from people taking pity on her. She wanted her friends to come from people who knew who she really was, who would lift her up when she was feeling low and who would love her simply because she was herself.

Amelia didn't fit any of those descriptions, but Stephanie just couldn't bring herself to speak up for herself.

It's not that it mattered anyways because one day Amelia decided to voice her affections to Luke only to be shut down by him almost immediately. He didn't like her and he never would. He hated the way she treated people, especially his sister, and could never see himself with her. He hadn't voiced his opinions to her when he rejected her. Luke was actually very kind about the whole thing, but all Amelia could think of was Stephanie and how she had to have said something to Luke to make him not want to go out with her.