FIVE

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

FLYING SOLO

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Julie stood awkwardly in front of the crowd, a forced smile upon her face as she looked over all the sets of eyes that were staring at her. It was dead quiet as they all stood there before a boy ran up onto the stage and asked, "Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?"

"Wait. Were those holograms?" one of Carrie's friends, Kayla, asked while Carrie shot her an ugly look.

Julie's face lit up and she gave the crowd a nervous smile as she said, "Yes! Yes, they were holograms." She let out a soft chuckle while the whole crowd eased up. "I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff." The crowd began to cheer at that and Julie mentally high fived herself for that one.

"That's wild," Luke muttered, glancing around at the audience. "They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

"We should double check," Reggie suggested before he hopped up onto the stage and wiggled his butt in front of the audience. No one looked their way and Alex and Luke cringed as they watched their friend. Reggie stopped snd looked back at them as he began to make his way back to Luke's side. "Yeah, I don't. . .I don't think they can see us."

"I wish I couldn't see you," Alex muttered, ignoring Reggie's hurt look. "I'm sorry, but are we not going to talk about the fact that Stephanie was literally just on the stage playing with us and now is no where to be seen? Was I hallucinating? She was there, right?"

"Oh, she was there," Reggie told him, remembering the feeling of his hand upon her cheek and that smile she had flashed his way. "I don't entirely understand how, but she was."

"That doesn't explain where she is now," Alex pointed out.

"We'll find her," Luke assured them, his tone deadly serious. "She wouldn't have gone far."

"Okay, people show's over," the principal announced. "Let's get back to class please." At that the students began to walk away and the boys began looking around, their eyebrows furrowed as they attempted to spot Stephanie from the crowd of people.

It took a second but eventually Alex's eyes caught sight of the girl who was standing near some double doors, her guitar still strapped around her back. The blonde's eyes widened and he was quick to slap a hand against Luke's chest, both him and Reggie looking where Alex was pointing. Their eyes locked with Stephanie's immediately and the girl gave them a small smile before nodding her head out the door. She disappeared a second later and the boys took the hint and were quick to poof out of the gym and into the hallway.