Chapter 1.

Her parents had been right, this town lives in a facade. From the outside, the charming Welcome sign, the surface view of the town in the woods by the river seems like a perfect oasis to raise a family and live without any fear.

But that's only on the surface. When you pull the wool away from the person's eyes, this town is dark, twisted, deadly, mysterious and those who try to exploit its secrets, usually end up dead.

Her parents had been lucky, but they'd barely scratched the surface...

"Jules, are you doing okay in there?" Her mother asked as she knocked gently on her eldest daughter's door.

Jumping with a start, Juliet dropped her pen onto the shag carpet beneath her giant grey bean bag. The sanctuary of sitting in her dark, cave like room with a single glow of her desk lamp had been ruined by her mom's voice.

"I'm fine mom." She answered with annoyance. Juliet hated being interrupted, especially while she was journaling, that was her solace each day. To get her racing thoughts on paper, so she could further silence the voices inside her head. Her mother had gotten her to journal ever since she started having nightmares, that was when she was four.

"Sweetheart, dinner's ready. We are having burgers for dinner." Betty said gently.

Juliet's mood brightened, her favorite dinner. With that excuse, she could cut her mom some slack for disrupting her silence.

"Alright. I'll be there in a second." Juliet placed her most recent journal on her nightstand, aligning the pen exactly parallel to the pages and about half an inch away from the black leather journal with a big purple butterfly sticker in the top right corner.

Turning off her lamp and turning it just a millimeter to the right, Juliet was satisfied to leave her room without unnecessary worry about the fact that nothing was out of place.

She walked down the hall; wearing an old white cropped t-shirt paired with smoky grey high waisted jeans and of course, her black leather Serpents jacket.

She was the last to join her family at the dinner table. Her father, as usual, sat at the head of the table gorging himself with burgers. To his right, her mother sat beside him. Every once in a while glancing his way with a glint in her eyes before rolling them at his dinner habits.

To Betty's right, was Juliet's fourteen year old sister Daphne. The little blonde princess, Juliet and Daphne has always gotten along, but like all siblings do, they teased each other relentlessly.

On the other side of the table, opposite of Daphne, was Juliet's seat. And to her left was her her twelve year old brother Cylus. Who had their father's jet black hair and mixture of Betty and Jughead's blue and green eyes. Cylus was a funny kid, his immature twelve year old sense of humor made both of his older sisters crack up at times and wish they didn't find his jokes as funny as they were.

"So, are you kids ready for school tomorrow?" Betty asked her children while Jughead swallowed a mouthful of his burger.

"Yeah! I've got robotics after school!" Cylus grinned.

Betty smiled warmly at her baby, "I'm so glad. Who are you working with?"

"Cade and Tyler." Cylus announced proudly.

Caden "Cade" Mantle was Cylus' best friend since kindergarten, while he loved football, he was also really into robotics, which surprised Juliet because she's met his father Reggie, before and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. His other friend Tyler, was Sweet Pea's son, even now, Juliet still had no idea what his last name was.