Chapter 11.

"You ready to for this?" Logan asked as they walked into their Spanish class.

Daphne yawned, "for the Spanish quiz? Absolutely not."

"That's the attitude." Logan joked and Daphne punched him.

"Oh shush, I didn't sleep well."

"Daph, you got eight hours of sleep last night. You went to bed at 9:30 and rolled out of bed five minutes before Alec and I picked you up."

"So? Eight hours isn't enough. I need twelve at minimum, to function." Daphne took her seat beside him in the back of the classroom.

Logan chuckled, "what career is gonna allow that?"

"When I run my own business I get to make the rules."

"Yeah, and what are you going to do for the first thirty years?" Logan snickered.

"Screw you." Daphne elbowed him again and they both burst out laughing. "Maybe I'll just be gold digger or a stripper."

Logan flushed red, "since when are you into stripping? What did I miss yesterday?"

"Aw, you're blushing, does the word stripper make you uncomfortable?" Daphne cooed.

"It does not." Logan sneered, "and a gold digger? Really?"

"That's if the editor or journalist job doesn't work out. I've got two backups." She said cheekily.

"Who's a gold digger?" Alec lumbered in and sat next to Daphne.

Even though Alec was a year older, he was still placed in Spanish one. And Daphne liked having one class with her two close friends, she hated the subject but liked the people in the class. "I am. If my job as an editor or a journalist doesn't work out."

"You? A gold digger?" Alec howled with laughter. "I mean, I could see it."

Daphne whacked him with her notebook and both boys kept laughing. "Ms. Jones, do we need to discuss violent behavior again?" Señorita Cami scolded.

"Oof, busted." Logan jabbed.

"No Señorita Cami, I do not. We were just horsing around." Daphne used her higher pitched, good and obedient tone of voice.

Cami didn't look convinced but began her lesson anyways. Letting out a sigh of relief, Daphne relaxed and kicked Alec under the table. Smiling to herself before beginning their first exam of the semester.

—-

"Alec, you're sitting with the cooler people today." Daphne grabbed the back of his shirt and tugged him from his seat with his teammates.

"Hey, let go." Alec stood up and gave his friends a look and they all nodded at his abrupt departure.

"What's the deal?"

"Didn't you get my text last night?" Daphne sat him down at her table in the back of the cafeteria with Logan who had his notebooks littered everywhere.

"Oh yeah, but it's not six, so..."

"Alec, this is serious, we need to find these Mooney and Luce people. They obviously go to our school." Daphne plopped down on her seat.

"Just I told you two that night, I've never heard of those names before." Alec groaned, eyeballing his friends.

"Hey! Pay attention, unlike you, I want to get to the bottom of this." Daphne snapped.

"When did you get so feisty Daph?" Alec questioned and gave her a look that he knew would make her blush.

"I fear my sister, I want something to contribute to the meeting. And I need you two idiots to help me. I feel like what she found is pretty big." Daphne pretended not to affected by him.