Chapter 6

"Oh my god, what are we gonna do?" Electra's usual cool demeanor was evaporating quickly.

"I don't know. We have to call the authorities."

"Yeah, yeah, call the cops. Just do something." Electra was frantic, pacing back and forth.

Juliet dialed 911 and they picked up on the second ring. "Hello?"

"Hi, um, my friend and I were walking in the woods behind the Blossom-Topaz mansion and we came across a girl, nailed to a cross just like Carla was from yesterday." Juliet explained in an eerily calm tone.

"We are sending them out now." The woman sounded afraid as she shouted something incoherent in the background. "Stay where you are." The lady instructed.

"We will, but can you meet me by the gate? I don't want to cause a scene at the party yet." Juliet had to keep this under control, she was screwed if her parents found out she'd been sneaking around and came across a dead body.

"I will see what I can do, but if there's a dead body, the police are going to want to evacuate everyone immediately."

"Ok, if the police keep walking straight into the woods, she will be there. Her name is Heather Thomas, she's sixteen years old, and I would like to remain anonymous." Juliet ordered.

"Thank you for the information, we will file this as an anonymous tip."

"Thank you." Juliet hung up the phone. And turned to Electra who's skin had paled a shade lighter than it usually was. "You need to calm down."

"I am." Electra lied.

"Haven't you ever seen a dead body before? You were at the scene yesterday."

"Yeah, but that was with the intention of seeing a dead body. I wasn't exactly prepared to see one in the woods tonight." Electra threw her hands on her head and took deep breathes.

"We need to get out of here." Juliet grabbed the personal note the killer had left her and snapped a picture of the other note and the scene around her, including the marks on Heather's body. She then paused to hear the sirens. "They're already here."

"Holy shit."

Juliet grabbed Electra's hand and dragged her through the woods, down the sloping hill and by the time they'd reached the road, they heard the police shouting in the woods and go dead silent as they saw Heather.

"What are we gonna do now?" Electra whispered.

Juliet texted her family's group chat saying she met up with a friend and was spending the night at her house. She would not be able to sleep tonight, there were too many theories and ideas swarming around her head. "We need to go somewhere private so I can think through this." Juliet declared.

"I know a place." Electra faced her.

"Where?" Juliet wasn't in the mood to play games.

"It's a bit of a walk."

"I could care less about walking. As long as I can think."

"All right, I'll take you there." Electra began to walk along the road with Juliet by her side, both of them silent the whole way as they processed everything that had happened.

—-

"Just down here." Electra pointed to an abandoned school bus in the woods.

"Where'd you find this?" Juliet asked.

"Not important." Electra had retained to her obtuse self.

"I never even knew this was on the South Side of town, and I know every secret spot." Juliet commented.