Chapter 7.

"You can't just say you have the guy's murder patterns and not show us." Alec whined.

"We're too exposed here. Alec, go to the store, get a white poster board—not a tri-fold—some thumbtacks, red string and black Sharpies. Take Logan and Daphne with you, Electra and I will go back to the house, get my bike and I'll text you my location." Juliet stopped at the street corner.

"You're gonna reimburse me for the art shit, right?"

"Do you want me to slap you?" Juliet threatened.

"Ok, ok jeez. I've got it." Alec put his hands up in surrender.

"Why can't I go with you two?" Daphne glanced at her sister.

"Cause I took the sidecar off my bike. It only fits one extra person. Sorry Daph." She apologized.

"Ugh, not fair."

"Do I need to text the shopping list again or do you guys got it?" Juliet asked.

"I've got it Jules," Daphne tapped her temple with her finger and Juliet smiled.

"Sweet. See you guys soon. Also, get peanut M&Ms."

"Fucking weirdo." Alec teased and Juliet elbowed him in the ribs.

Electra gave Juliet a strange look as they parted ways and walked in the opposite direction as Daphne and the boys. "What's with the peanut M&Ms?"

Juliet laughed, "I eat them religiously when I work on a case. I don't know why, but they help me think."

"Yeah, that's weird."

"Screw you, there's a method to my madness." Juliet playfully shoved her as they walked down the sidewalk. They neared the Jones' house, Electra was surprised at how...charming it looked. Based on Juliet's spitfire personality, she'd expected something not so light and cheery.

The Jones' house was painted a soft cobalt almost navy blue with subtle wooden shingles and a black roof. There were white pillars at the front doorway the bottom portion layered with rocks. To the left of the archway where the front door was, was the porch with two wicker white cushioned chairs and a table. There was a white trim along the roof and around each of the windows and door. The front door was wood stained with a touch of orangish red. The house was two stories but it looked like someone had squished the house together. The lawn was still a healthy green considering the autumn weather and the plant life around the front of the house was well kept and neat. Electra also liked the stone walkway to the front door, giving the house even more character than it already had.

(Jones house pictured below)

"Just getting my bike, mom!" Juliet announced as she opened the front door

"Just getting my bike, mom!" Juliet announced as she opened the front door. To the left was the white kitchen and the bar that had papers and schoolwork cluttering it. On the walls were pictures of the Jones family and the kids at different ages. Opposite of the kitchen was the dining room with a bookcase lining a whole wall, every inch of it filled with books, or pictures or paintings that the kids had made over the years. Electra watched the a blonde woman get up from the dining room table and cross the hall to see the girls.