Chapter 12.

"Wanna tell me what all that was about?" Electra didn't hide her harsh tone, she was pissed and Juliet needed to know that.

Juliet huffed and stuck her nose into her jacket, it was a chilly October morning, the kind that took your breath away when you first stepped outside. "Nothing, I was just tired."

"You need to get yourself under control, you've gotta give her a chance."

"A chance?!" Juliet raised her voice then took a deep breath to calm herself down. Electra could see her fighting her anger inside but Juliet seemed to tame it...for now anyways. "You know what? Yeah, I was out of line. I'll keep it under control next time. Sorry." She spat out the last word.

"Are you going to be able to keep whatever feud you have with Magnolia at bay or will I be talking to her alone cause you can't handle it?" Electra knew she was being a little harsh but she wasn't about to ignore Juliet's behavior.

Juliet shoved her hands in her pockets. "I'm just fine, I just got irritated, I never liked her in school. I'll hide my disliking for her next time. It won't happen again."

Electra was not convinced and it was clear as day that Juliet was still sensitive over Eden. "Juliet, it's okay to be sad. You obviously really cared about her, I'm here...if you ever want to talk about it."

Juliet glared her with the flare of striking a match. "What makes you think I'm still hung up on a dead girl? Just drop it Electra, I am perfectly fine. And even if I wasn't, you wouldn't understand so let's move on and meet everyone so we can discuss this." Juliet heaved herself on her bike and started the engine.

Electra sighed but didn't want to piss her off even more. She climbed on the back of Juliet's bike and they drove to the library to meet their friends. Electra really hoped Juliet's mood would lighten up in the time it took for them to drive there.

—-

"Alright, we've got some serious tea to spill." Daphne took charge of the meeting the second everyone was settled in.

"Whatcha got for us Daph?" Juliet asked with a small smile, she felt better being away from that witch's house.

"Ok, so you know that guy Logan and I saw at the football game talking to that other guy?" She rambled.

"Wait a second, what guy?" Electra inquired.

Daphne's face dropped. "Holy shit, I forgot to tell you. Ok, ok, let me start from the beginning."

Logan cut her off, "I'll start. So, at the football game, Daphne and I followed this kid into the woods and head him talking about how Heather deserved how she died. But then he mentioned something about The Morning Star. They used nicknames, Mooney and Luce. But because it was so dark, we couldn't see their faces. They were talking and it seems like Luce is the leader and Mooney is the guy who gives him info." Logan said but was cut off by a very energetic Daphne.

"But today at school, while we were in the cafeteria, we saw Luce! Only his name's not Luce, it's Rowan Atkins!"

Everyone shushed Daphne but she ignored the interruption. "Rowan fits the perfect person to follow this guy. Rowan is a part of this cult and holds meetings every Thursday at 10 p.m."

"Can anyone go?" Alec asked.

"No, you've gotta be invited and sworn in. It's a whole weird deal." Logan added.

"Interesting. Does anyone know where he hosts these?" Electra asked, her curiosity getting the best of her.

"I think they're under the bridge that the railroad is on. The one that crossed Sweetwater river and the outside of town. It's a creepy place." Daphne informed.