Chapter 4

Fairytail stood stunned with shock and relief as Natsu returned from his journey

"It's good to be back" Natsu smiled.

just then Erza grabbed him by the collar shaking him wildly "You idiot how dare you leave without saying anything, you spoke only to Makarov why didn't you tell us!" she screamed in his face.

"Okay first off, there is a war about to start so save your energy" Natsu said in a plain serious voice prying her hands from his collar "And missed you all to" he added with a smile.

"Aye" Happy agreed.

"how stronger did you get" Macao asked.

"Stay tuned" Natsu smirked.

"Well how about a test" Makarov suggested "Because if you had your magic level should be higher and it's just the same when you left" he said.

"I also learned other skills over the 2 years" Natsu smiled "Gray hit me with a Lance attack" he said.

"WHAT!" they all hollered

"Are you crazy" Gray gaped.

"Possibly" Natsu replied "Come on don't be a coward" he scowled making Gray glare at Natsu.

"Ice Make: Lance" Gray called launching several lances of ice at him

Natsu ignited his hands with bright orange flame "Fire Molding: Javelins" He called back thrusting out a hand and streams of fire shot out and formed several Javelins made of fire and cancelled the attack by turning them into melted steamy water making their mouths drop to the floor.

"And" Natsu said as he focused on the candle on a table lifting his right hand the flame floated up off the wick brought it on the floor next to him and snapped his fingers, a large pillar of fire exploded which spread across the ceiling above them and moving his fingers and hand smoothly medium size pillars of fire all around them but they weren't getting hot.

Natsu snapped his fingers again and the flames went out, not a single scorch mark was present "I can make fire do what I want it to and not burn, if I choose not to" he explained.

"That's remarkable but how did you manage that trick" Macao asked impressed.

"Well once I put focus and heart in it, I found I could make things with fire and will last as long as I willed it to" Natsu said "after all a wise man once told me"

"You can never control fire if your hearts not into it" Macao and Natsu said at once "Well I'm glad I taught you some things" Macao smiled.

"How good did you get at it, Molding fire?" Gray asked.

"From what I seen, he has near no limit to creativity" Happy smiled "He could probably match you Gray"

"How was training with your current Dragon Slayer magic and learning new?" Erza asked.

"I'll put it this way when I increased my own Slayer Magic made sure it was high enough so could train with Uncle and Grandfather, It was torture" Natsu said "But I can't complain cause the results were worth it" he smirked.

"You had to train before training with your Uncle and Grandfather?" Makarov asked.

"yeah they were picky on training so i read the letter dear Dad left, telling me to increase my own Magic to it's peak and since I didn't have much of a choice thats what I did" Natsu explained "Funny thing was I hoped the last two pages told me where he left to, but nothing accept advance spells and forbidden ones to" he said not really realizing he just said he learned forbidden spell .

"Forbidden spells!" they all gasped, Makarov spirit left his wide opened mouth, if normal Dragon Slayer magic can cause a lot of damage if a Slayer is serious, the frightful image of even more powerful Forbidden Slayer magic and untold damages from them, cause his brain to short circuit.

"Oh relax I'll only use Forbidden Spells if it's an absolute dire situation" Natsu sweat-dropped at their reactions "Honestly even I know better than just go playing around with Forbidden Slayer spells" he assured them.

after a minute the recomposed themselves

"You must be hungry?" Loke spoke.

"GRRRROAAAAGHAH GRRHA!" a loud growling noise emulating from Natsu's stomach echoed throughout the space.

Making him sigh with mild annoyance making them hide the chuckles "Yeah only a bit" he admitted.

"Aye took a detour, we scoped Phantom Lord Guild hall" Happy spoke "Forgot to eat"

Before they could holler "They didn't see me because I have a trick to get by without being spotted" Natsu smirked.

"Dragon Slayer Evasive Arts: Vanishing Flame" he announced before disappearing in a flash of fire, then Gray felt someone touch his shoulder he looked but no one there.

they felt around but Natsu was nowhere to be seen or heard, then Gray turned around

"BOO!" Natsu exclaimed in his face making Gray Jump high into the air with a yell of alarm and in Lucy's arm, making the two fall because of Grays weight.

"Ah hahaaha" Natsu and the Guild burst out laughing.

after comments of "he scared the Pants off of you" " he got you so bad"

"Don't ever do that again or I'll smash you with an ice hammer" Gray snapped, then Natsu glowed again and revealed another Gray

"Then you'll only be hurting yourself" 2 Gray/Natsu smirked.

"What the" They gaped a second time.

"This other evasive move enables me to take the physical form of another and even sound like them" Natsu said as he changed back in another red flash.

"I call it Changeling" he said making Erza, Lucy, Loke, Mira, and Gray shiver

"I was hoping never to hear that word again" Lucy shivered.

"How much stronger did you get?" Lucy asked.

"Uh Well" Natsu started but paused lifting his head towards the stairs and sniffed the air

"A stronger sense of smell?" Wakaba scratched his head.

"Uh no smells like mail and cheap cologne covering a trace of garlic, a squeak in one shoe, size 9 and a half" Natsu spoke

"oh" Makarov started

"our mailman's here" Natsu and Makarov said at once.

"Ah it's a job, worth 40,000 jewels" Makarov eyes twinkled with money symbols "Lets test your new strength, you, Gray Erza Lucy head out, your train is about to leave" he said.

"Uh Master can I go with them" Mirajane spoke unexpectedly.

"You can't be serious Mira" Erza said.

"A real Man doesn't allow his sister to be put in harms way" Elfman declared.

"Hang on a sec" Natsu said speaking in a serious tone of voice and expression before he would saw something overcheerful but he said it was a serious look, making them blink to see if it was Natsu speaking.

"are you sure? I admire your decision on wanting to help, but no offense can you handle it?" he asked stepping closer to her

"Yes I know I can" Mirajane replied, Natsu just looked into her eyes to see any hesitate he could tell she was nervous but wasn't hesitating.

"Okay fine you can come, but only if Elfman goes with you and you stay with Erza or you can stay with, me" Natsu said a plain firm tone "we clear?" he finished, the seriousness in his eyes made Mira blush.

"As clear as Crystals" Mirajane nodded.

"Alright than you can come" Natsu smirked than looked at the rest of the team as he walked towards the stairs "Now lets not Dilly Dally around, get your Butts moving" he ordered as they moved Erza caught up.

"You watch your tone with me" Erza glowered.