Chapter One

She sat up abruptly, heart beating erratically within her chest. Her hair was wrapped all around her face and neck as if she hadn't tied it up before sleeping.

She had. She definitely had, she remembered.

It wasn't particularly a nightmare that she had just woken up from. It was something a bit more than that, something inexplicable and confusing and strange. It had left her feeling very odd, as if something was coming her way and she was heavily blindfolded.

It was still dark and most people were still sleeping, unless they were going through whatever she seemed to be going through now, when sleep decided to suddenly hate you.
It was daybreak but only just.
She lay still, trying to calm her breathing and see if sleep would stealthily creep up to her and engulf her.
It did not.

She groaned and wiped her face as she sat up again. She tied her blonde hair up into a bun as much as it would allow her to. There was only one thing to do at this time if sleep was refusing her.
It was about time for some reading!

                                 X

A few minutes later, she was seated at her small library table with a lantern next to her, illuminating the pages of the book she was reading. Before she could even flip the next page she got an odd feeling.

It wasn't something she was unfamiliar with, but it was something she hadn't felt in a long time. She searched the table for the quill and parchment she always kept around in case something like that happened to her. She was happy she was prepared this time.
She dipped the quill in the ink and placed it on the parchment, waiting for the words to flow.

It did not disappoint.

'A disparate group of five
One, A will to thrive
in an unfamiliar place
Two, to have a memory
Of all the shrouded faces
Three, to find what was lost
And to return to normalcy
Four, to serve as an aid
to help everyone be free
Five, to stand up to an evil
and to see the beauty.
A disparate group of five
On a journey
To lands and lands and lands
A non human aide and some treachery
Friendships formed and deceptions revealed.
Years of dominance, broken.
The former shall become the present and the present shall become outlawed and the modern shall become royal.
And the five shall become the ones  '

Then her hand stilled and the flow of words stopped. She waited for a while to see if she would write anymore but when nothing happened she picked up the parchment eagerly.
She squinted as she read the words in the near darkness and her brow furrowed.

A disparate group of five?
What was all that about?
She scratched her head as she read over it again. What did it all mean? Was it a poem?

This was the third time she had experienced something like that. She still didn't know what to make of them. The first two were just poems so she wasn't exactly sure what this particular one was. It was becoming increasingly difficult for her to cast this away as just a normal poem.
She felt a pricking deep in her heart.
Suddenly, goose pimples appeared on her flesh as she read over again, trying to make sense of the jumbled words.

She still didn't understand most of it. She did see though that there seemed to be a group of five, and that these five would travel to lands. After that, everything was gibberish to her. She tried again, reading through the writing and then giving up shortly after she realized that more understanding was not coming to her. Especially not in this semi dark library.
She yawned a bit and stood up, scratching the side of her neck and wrinkling her nose at the sight of a tiny cobweb at the edge of the door.

She left the library and made her way back to her room.
Sleep followed her as a line of the writing rang in her mind over and over again.
'And the five shall become the ones'