Chapter FOURTEEN

- Hospital -

It's been days since Lia saw Yeji in person. Yeji started being busy but gives time to Lia by face timing her whenever she can, which Lia appreciates. Lia silently watched Yeji editing a video to post on her channel later. They were currently face timing each other.

"Look at this one, they voted Ryujin out!" Yeji laughed as she flipped the camera to her screen, showing a clip from the last time they played the game Among Us.

"You're.. such a g-good... i-impostor!" Lia complimented and Yeji confidently flipped her hair making Lia laugh once more. Yeji of course noticed that Lia already had trouble speaking.

Yeji continued to show her girlfriend a lot more clips from their dates. Yeji planned to post the video she captured on her channel later today so she was busy editing them. Lia on the other hand was just resting on her bed. 

"Oh by the way, I'll h-have to do... check ups w-with Dr. Ryu later." Lia informed Yeji making Yeji turn to her phone's direction. "You really call Ryujin by that name?" Yeji burt out laughing at the name. 

"Of... course, she's s-still my doctor." Lia softly chuckled

"So how are you these days?" Yeji sincerely asked, looking at the screen. "Not t-that fine, really. I'm... h-having a hard t-time breathing...these days." Yeji just hummed and nodded, what's the point of panicking? Those were her illness' symptoms.

"Gotta...go, baby." Lia spoke and waved at Yeji. "Yeah, sure! I'll call you later after your check ups." Yeji also waved at the screen.

"I love you, Yeji."

"I love you, Lia."

--

- Yeji's Mansion -

There was pretty much nothing that happened with Yeji at the moment, she was just peacefully editing her videos to post while sipping on her juice box. She stretched her hands up after she finished editing the videos. She hadn't really posted for a while. 

"Time for some self love!" Yeji happily hopped out of her gaming chair and went downstairs to grab some snacks on her fridge. She then went to the living room to watch her unfinished series on Netflix.

After hours of watching, she yawned turning the television off. She went back to her gaming room and watched the videos she captured whenever she was with Lia. She smiled as she wrote something down on her notebook, more like a diary. She writes everything she feels one page per day. 

"I'm really in love with Choi Jisu."

Yeji then closed the small notebook and placed it on her pocket. Yeji roamed around her house, obviously bored. She went to the backyard and played with her puppies, still bored. Yeji went back inside and just finally resorted to cleaning the whole house.

She grabbed the vacuum cleaner and started to clean from her room up to the kitchen. She then mopped the whole house while dancing to random songs playing on her speakers, cleaning the whole house was actually enjoyable. Yeji hasn't even noticed that a lot of time has passed by.

"Fridge's out of food, gotta go to the store!"

Yeji groaned as she grabbed her wallet and car keys. 

--

"You feeling any pain? You don't look good." Ryujin spoke as Lia sat down. They were currently in the room where the patients are being tested. Ryujin was focused looking at the screen, looking for more abnormalities. 

"I-I'm feeling light-headed." Lia answered trying her best not to fall from the wheelchair. Ryujin faced Lia and she looked horrible, then realization hit Ryujin. She looked back at the monitor and immediately pushed Lia's wheelchair to the operating room.

Everyone moved aside seeing Ryujin pushing the wheelchair with a unconscious patient. The operating room's door was opened and Ryujin called for assistance. Doctors and Nurses rush in as Ryujin explained everything.

"She's bleeding severely, internal of course." 

Lia needed an urgent surgery, Ryujin was now blaming herself for not noticing everything earlier. She ordered one of the nurses to call Lia's family and Yeji which they immediately followed. Then finally doctors started Lia's surgery.

--

- Convenience Store -

"Damn, this tastes good." Yeji finished the last drop of noddles and threw the cup in the nearby trash can. It was pretty dark outside so she decided to walk back to her car. She was about to open her car when someone bumped into her.

"I'm sorry!" The man bowed and Yeji apologized back.

"You look familiar, do we know each other?" Yeji asked out of curiousity. 

"Uh, maybe you saw me in TV," The guy laughed making Yeji chuckle too, the lamp on the sidewalk finally lit up making the surroundings clearer. That's when Yeji finally got a clear look on the guy's face.

"Y-You're...the... p-prisoner who... escaped..." Yeji felt a sharp object stabbing her abdomen. She looked down and saw a knife, a bloodied knife twisted unto her stomach. The guy smiled and removed the knife from Yeji's body, he then ran off leaving Yeji kneeling down.

Yeji's phone rang, she had the tiniest energy left and she used it to answer the call. 

"Ms. Hwang, your girlfriend is currently in the operating room and is receiving surgery, if you could, please come over as soon as possible." 

Yeji tried standing up, but she couldn't. She can barely move her body due to the pain and she has lost a lot of blood. A guy riding a bike noticed Yeji on the ground and he immediately ran to her.

"Miss? Oh god, she's bleeding! Someone help!" The guy shouted, earning the attention of some by passers. People started to form a crowd around Yeji, some called the ambulance and some were shouting at Yeji to stay awake.

"Miss, please stay awake! Ambulance is on it's way." The guy tapped Yeji's face and the cat-eyed girl nodded. Minutes later the ambulance's siren can be heard.

The unknown guy came went inside the ambulance with Yeji. The car drove quickly as possible to the hospital. "What's your name and relationship with the victim sir?" The paramedic asked the guy with them.

"Choi Yeonjun, I just saw her bleeding out in the streets," Yeonjun nervously answered, looking at Yeji who's currently being treated. They finally arrived at the hospital and Yeji was immediately sent to the emergency room.

Yeonjun didn't know why he came along, he was worried. The nurses called Yeji's family reporting Yeji's current status and minutes later Yeonjun noticed a lot of people coming his way and he bowed to each of them.

"What happened?" Y/N asked the boy. "S-She was bleeding in the streets, the medics told me she was stabbed." Yeonjun tried his best not to stutter due to his nervousness but failed.

"Lia's also in the operating room right now." Yuna breathed making Y/N shake his/her head. How could this be happening. "My daughter, what happened to our daughter!" Yeji's mother broke down in the arms of her husband.  

A whole hour passed, Yeonjun, Y/N, Yuna, and Yeji's parents were currently waiting outside the room when finally the doctor went out. They all stood up from the floor and faced the doctor who sighed heavily. 

Everyone dropped, cried and couldn't move after hearing the words came out of the doctors mouth.

"I am very sorry to inform you that Hwang Yeji didn't make it." The doctor spoke, looking directly at Yeji's parents. "Time of death, nine thirty-six."

--

Asdfghjkl idk im sorry