The baby

Carter pov
9 month mark

Hope and I have made up and have been happy aside from the upcoming attack as i can practically feel it coming very very soon.

We are at the 9 month mark and the baby has been moving a lot especially when i kiss and talk to her.

I even sing to her and even though it is horrible i think she lokes it cause she usually calms down so her mama can sleep.

I lean down and start singing Lady by brett young to her.

I remember when i first heard your heart beat.

It had only been 8 weeks.

Standing there staring at that screen was the first time you ever scared me.

God knows i don't know exactly what I'm doing... But good news

We got her to get through it...

I hope you look just like your mama and love her like i do...

You'll see close too perfect patience if you watch her every move...

You can always run too daddy you'll always be my baby....

But look at her babygirl and you'll learn...

How to be a Lady.

And i continue to sing till the end and she stops moving. I look up and see my baby crying but smiling letting me know they are happy tears.

I move up and kiss her and whispered "why you cryin baby?"

"Your such a sweet father and she isn't even born yet"

"Babe don't cry... I hate it when you fucking cry babe"

She laughs lightly and then hisses in pain and worry crosses on my feautures.

"What is it babe? What hurts"

She smiles and starts to say"It's probably noth-" and then clenchs her teeth and i feel the sheets get wet.

I pull back the covers and see what looks like pee.

Then i look from that to my angels pain stricken face and said "oh shit...babe.. Your in labor"

Her eyes go wide and tears escape her eyes and down  face onto her cheeks as she says "what!!!but she isn't due for two more weeks!!"

I smile and said "well babe...she is ready now"

I pick up my phone as i throw on a white shirt with black sweats and white nike air forces while waiting for Zane too answer.

After five rings he picks up his groggy and tired voice filtering from the other end.

"Zane get Riley to my room and you stay with my boys"

"What? Why?"

"Because the baby is coming and i need Riley to drive us to the hospital"

"Ok we are on our way up"

I say my thanks and hang up. I walk and help Hope up as Riley and zane walk in the room with smiles.

I hand Zane the baby monitor for the boys and said my thanks again as we headed out to the black suv.

I sat in the backseat with Hope.

One hour later

Hope screamed as she squeezed my hand and said "you are never getting me pregnant again"

I smirk but she just glares at me in return making my smirk fall knowing damn well a Hope in labor is not one to mess with.

"Alright one more push and she will be here ready?"

We nodded and she counted down and at one Hope pushed as hard as she squeezed my hand making me wince in pain.

And then cries fill the room as she is cleaned and then handed to us.

She looked at me and said "What do we name her?"

I hummed and said "Rose Riley Gray"

She smiled as she said "perfect" and we looked down in awe at our little lady.